The Partick Thistle thread

59 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Unfortunately they didnt really the last couple fo seasons we had them

18 goals and 9 assists between them, in their last full season together, not a terrible return. 
Of course not all of them  were  a Doolan/Erskine combination though. 

18 hours ago, JagsCG said:

If Doolan was to be a direct replacement for Alex Jones. I wouldn’t mind having him back, with Graham and Rudden being probably the main strikers. 
Doolan (and Erskine) might even be willing to go Part-Time. 

Assuming neither Graham nor Rudden jump shift, having Mansell and Doolan as back up strikers would be more than enough. Think Mansell if worth a run out in Lesgue One as that's where I think we would all have liked him punted on loan last season. Doolan being there is a coach/4th choice striker might suit everyone provided his wage demands aren't excessive (doubt they would be given how he's unlikely to get another full time gig). Getting Erskine on board is a no brainer for me. He would allow is to play a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield which might be handy on narrow pitches.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Assuming neither Graham nor Rudden jump shift, having Mansell and Doolan as back up strikers would be more than enough. Think Mansell if worth a run out in Lesgue One as that's where I think we would all have liked him punted on loan last season. Doolan being there is a coach/4th choice striker might suit everyone provided his wage demands aren't excessive (doubt they would be given how he's unlikely to get another full time gig). Getting Erskine on board is a no brainer for me. He would allow is to play a 4-4-2 with a diamond midfield which might be handy on narrow pitches.

We have Blair Lyons who can play as a striker or a winger- looking at his stats last year I would not be surprised if he is able to more than challenge Rudden and Graham for a starting slot and would certainly think he would be ahead of Doolan and Mansell.  Would think if McManus was available and we were able to offer him more money than Falkirk he would be a better option than Doolan and Mansell.

I guess it all depends on who we are able to keep

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Would think if McManus was available and we were able to offer him more money than Falkirk he would be a better option than Doolan and Mansell.

I guess it all depends on who we are able to keep

If we keep Graham and Rudden, McManus wouldn’t come to us, because he’d get far more game time at Falkirk, than he would ahead of Graham or Rudden. If one of them leaves, I’d happily have McManus though. 

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

We have Blair Lyons who can play as a striker or a winger- looking at his stats last year I would not be surprised if he is able to more than challenge Rudden and Graham for a starting slot and would certainly think he would be ahead of Doolan and Mansell. 

Lyons is mainly a winger, so I imagine he’ll be a regular, but not in the striking position. For all we know, Mansell May have a relegation clause, and although I think as a 3rd choice, he’d be okay at that level, I wouldn’t be bothered if he went. Mansell may have more “potential” but I’d rather Doolan over him (as a backup) in League 1 and even if we were still in the Championship. He’s rarely looked like a footballer to me, and I feel it was quite obvious McCall completely doesn’t rate him. 

38 minutes ago, Reid said:

Mansell isn’t a footballer. Can’t see him being with us next season.

If he hasn't got a release clause, he can just run down his contract. If he has aspirations of regular game time though, he'd be best heading back down to National League down south. I reckon, he'll probably be one of the first to go, but that's maybe more optimism than anything else. Totally agree, he's showing a real lack of being a footballer when I've seen him. 

12 hours ago, JagsCG said:

If he hasn't got a release clause, he can just run down his contract. If he has aspirations of regular game time though, he'd be best heading back down to National League down south. I reckon, he'll probably be one of the first to go, but that's maybe more optimism than anything else. Totally agree, he's showing a real lack of being a footballer when I've seen him. 

Mansell isn't good enough for the National League.

Might not be a popular opinion but I don’t see why people are so desperate to keep Graham and Rudden. Neither did anything of note after joining us. Mansell is a donkey who should never have been signed in the first place. We really have gone right down the shiter in the last 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Might not be a popular opinion but I don’t see why people are so desperate to keep Graham and Rudden. Neither did anything of note after joining us. Mansell is a donkey who should never have been signed in the first place. We really have gone right down the shiter in the last 3 years.

Graham, was the only player with a bit of real fight and grit in him, and knows the way to goal at a far higher level than we’ll be at. 
Rudden, never got a great amount of time to shine, due to injury, but it was clear when he was match fit, he’d be a player for us, and was even developing a partnership with Graham. 
They are two players, that you know exactly what you’re going to get from them, that’s why I would keep them, especially for League 1. 

9 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

Did Graham not pretty much get us a goal in every game he played, bar Dundee United game? Also showed far more fight than most of the others put together IMO