The Partick Thistle thread

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Indeed it isn't. But an indefinite reduction wouldn't be allowed in a playing contract. A contract requires to be definitive. It states the wage. The wage is £x. It may have a clause saying that in event of "y" happening the wage becomes £z. It cannot have one saying that if "y" happens then the club "might" change the wage or might not, or that the club "can reduce it by up to 50% but might do less." You have to be able to look at the contract and identify the wage exactly at any given time.

Of course there's nothing to stop them having a contract that says there is a 50% wage cut and then mutually agreeing that he'll stay for a somewhat lesser wage cut. A whole new contract or contract variation would be needed for that though and it amounts to the same thing as signing a new player. My point was there won't be contracts that allow you to retain the player whilst allowing for a flexibility of wage reduction at the club's discretion.

"The Club has sanctioned an ex gratia payment to the following players in recognition of their #loyalty in these #difficulttimes"

1 hour ago, Ad Lib said:

"The Club has sanctioned an ex gratia payment to the following players in recognition of their #loyalty in these #difficulttimes"

😄

Aye, ok. In practice they would just agree a new contract though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

5 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

. After the way he left? Rather string him up by his balls.

The way he left was the controversial part, but if he came back and helped us get back up, I’m sure that would be forgotten, to an extent. On a purely footballing basis, he could do a job for us next season, surprised he’s not staying at Dunfermline though, he’s well thought of there, I think .

35 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

The way he left was the controversial part, but if he came back and helped us get back up, I’m sure that would be forgotten, to an extent. On a purely footballing basis, he could do a job for us next season, surprised he’s not staying at Dunfermline though, he’s well thought of there, I think .

tbh we'll be making swingeing cuts ourselves soon (not pretending to be in the know or anything, just making a straightforward enough assumption); until there's a concrete date for seasons to start there'll be no-one coming in so it's a bit of a moot point.

Longer term I really hope the club avoid a repeat of the piss poor signings when we went down from the top flight (basically getting more misses than hits in the signings) when rebuilding as that could very conceivably see us fighting the drop yet again, but that's a worry for down the road, not right now.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

On 21/05/2020 at 08:21, bad chad said:

Do you think the new TV deal will get paid if there's nothing to watch? 

How many League One/Two games were shown on Sky/BT last season?

On 19/05/2020 at 23:19, JagsCG said:

Possibly the 3 long-term signing from January, and the long-term contract renewals, so, (Graham, Rudden, Brownlie, Banzo, O’Ware and Penrice) 

not sure if the likes of Fox and Zanatta would have them too, expect they might very well have. 

It would be pretty negligent for Thistle not to have a relegation clause in any of the players contracts, therefore I fully expect some of our higher earners not have one.

22 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Anyone know if we have any good youth prospects that could potentially feature when we return?

Niang, who’s been out on loan at Montrose, I’d expect him to feature highly next season in League 1. 

8 hours ago, Sting777 said:

I am pretty astonished at the latter part of this article to be honest!! I know we are debt free but we have 16 full timers under contract for next season!!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-could-pushed-towards-financial-22072970

Absolutely not ITK so just specualating here.

Is there a chance that some of the Weir money (if we have any) is being taken from the academy and towards general running of the club during this time, hence why we might be in a better position?