The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

If we’re cutting costs and have the ability to get rid of three higher earners, who would you pick?

Would keep all the new players signed in January, if possible, though they are all going to be on reasonable wages. The rest are dispensable. The whole squad might get gutted if the rumours of part time football are correct (article with Alan Cowan in Record today) Would imagine a lot of lower league full time clubs might end up in the same boat. At least one and maybe both assistant managers will be going, I would imagine with perhaps a cheaper replacement (Doolan?) brought in!!

On 14/05/2020 at 00:39, Monkey Tennis said:

Would you honestly feel this was any fairer if we'd played the same number of games, and you still trailed us by a point, or on goal difference?  I think you'd still fixate on the season being shortened, thus feeling a similar sense of injustice. 

If each team had played each other team 3 times I would have felt it was unfair because of the home/away imbalance but I would have said it was less unfair than if it had been called based on the first two round robins.

Basing it on the same number of games but which isn't a clean round robin is only marginally less unfair than doing it on the basis of points average. Both are still very unfair and not remotely close to acceptably unfair.

Both would be good to stay, Rudden could do with a run being injury free and score a load along with Graham this could also boost his confidence.
Look what happened to dare I say it Lawrence Shankland's career when he moved to the 1st Division

I'd like to keep Graham and Rudden but I don't expect them to stick around

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think Graham might stay, entirely on the basis that he was chatting about how he lived nearby when he signed and he was glad to be able to spend more time with his family.

@virginton likes this post.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think Graham might stay, entirely on the basis that he was chatting about how he lived nearby when he signed and he was glad to be able to spend more time with his family.

I think he might as well. He’s not getting another top flight gig, and in the second tier but staying close to home his only realistic options would be Morton or Ayr. I’d guess that even as a third tier club we could at least match their wages.

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I think he might as well. He’s not getting another top flight gig, and in the second tier but staying close to home his only realistic options would be Morton or Ayr. I’d guess that even as a third tier club we could at least match their wages.

Graham turned down Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, to come to us. 

9 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Graham turned down Motherwell, St Johnstone and Kilmarnock, to come to us. 

Was it not McCall who said this? I remember it being in the media at the time Graham signed, but I was skeptical then and still am now about the level of truth there. Especially if the source is indeed our gaffer, who lets be honest, likes to play up to the media and isn’t always truthful when doing so.

56 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Was it not McCall who said this? I remember it being in the media at the time Graham signed, but I was skeptical then and still am now about the level of truth there. Especially if the source is indeed our gaffer, who lets be honest, likes to play up to the media and isn’t always truthful when doing so.

Can’t 100% remember but I’m sure it was Graham in an interview with the Evening Times that said it. I think the fact of our locality to him and that he was getting a long-term contract, was why he came to Firhill. 

Ian McCall said on Sportsound that the fee for Zac Rudden was nominal but Rangers had a sell-on clause in the deal. 

The Daily Record confirmed it -  "Rangers will get a small fee for him with a sell-on clause also included should Rudden earn a move in the future."  

Rudden's possible departure could depend on Rangers' agreement. 

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Just about zero chance of anything changing though interesting to hear Chris McLaughlin saying on Sportsound that he spoke to two chairmen this week, one from top league and one in Championship and both mentioned that administration has been talked about in their boardrooms. No teams mentioned!

Edited by Sting777

12 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Just about zero chance of anything changing though interesting to hear Chris McLaughlin saying on Sportsound that he spoke to two chairmen this week, one from top league and one in Championship and both mentioned that administration has been talked about in their boardrooms. No teams mentioned!

That'll more than likely being discussed by every single team in the country bar Celtic. That's the worst case scenario for any club but with the future being completely unknown it's got to be something that's on the table.