The Partick Thistle thread

I have posted this on the coronavirus thread too. This BBC article on UEFA suggests that the SPFL has acted too early - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52353856

"Uefa will provide an update on plans to finish the 2019-20 season to all its 55 national associations at a video conference on Tuesday.

"Uefa has launched two working groups, one specifically assessing the fixture calendar. It is hoped specific proposals will be presented by mid-May at the latest.

"Tuesday's meeting will be followed on Thursday by a meeting of the Uefa executive committee.

"In addition, it is anticipated, Uefa will confirm that it will listen to requests to end domestic leagues early."

So has the SPFL sought and received official permission from UEFA to finish the season now and relegate teams based on average points?

Have the relegated clubs, especially Thistle, made any submissions or appealed to UEFA? If not, why not? Jacqui Low needs to address this issue asap.

What happens in Scotland if UEFA's working groups produce alternative plans that are incompatible with the SPFL's resolution?

5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I have posted this on the coronavirus thread too. This BBC article on UEFA suggests that the SPFL has acted too early - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52353856

"Uefa will provide an update on plans to finish the 2019-20 season to all its 55 national associations at a video conference on Tuesday.

"Uefa has launched two working groups, one specifically assessing the fixture calendar. It is hoped specific proposals will be presented by mid-May at the latest.

"Tuesday's meeting will be followed on Thursday by a meeting of the Uefa executive committee.

"In addition, it is anticipated, Uefa will confirm that it will listen to requests to end domestic leagues early."

So has the SPFL sought and received official permission from UEFA to finish the season now and relegate teams based on average points?

Have the relegated clubs, especially Thistle, made any submissions or appealed to UEFA? If not, why not? Jacqui Low needs to address this issue asap.

What happens in Scotland if UEFA's working groups produce alternative plans that are incompatible with the SPFL's resolution?

I think today’s Scottish Government statement shoots this out the water but was thinking this yesterday when reading an article from the Aberdeen chairman where he was extremely confident the season would be finished on the pitch. If the SPFL top league could/can be completed I dont think the SPFL would have a leg to stand on regarding finishing the lower leagues early and relegating clubs and refusing play off places!

7 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

I think today’s Scottish Government statement shoots this out the water but was thinking this yesterday when reading an article from the Aberdeen chairman where he was extremely confident the season would be finished on the pitch. If the SPFL top league could/can be completed I dont think the SPFL would have a leg to stand on regarding finishing the lower leagues early and relegating clubs and refusing play off places!

I forgot to quote this key sentence from the BBC at the end of the article.

After "In addition, it is anticipated, Uefa will confirm that it will listen to requests to end domestic leagues early."  it says

"It has previously warned against this, saying countries risk their places in next season's European competitions."

I’m not really arsed about boycotts, etc as by the time we finally get back to football being played in front of crowds I think we’ll be happy to go to any game we can. That said, there’s no denying it’s financially beneficial to certain clubs to have teams nearby with bigger away supports in their league. The Forfar chairman suggested 4 fixtures vs us and Falkirk would be roughly £75k-100k extra for his budget in a season, and it’s safe to assume that in Thistle’s case we’d take double the fans to someone local like Morton or Ayr as we would to Forfar. So I’d say based on his estimates that yes, you are looking at a pretty decent sum of cash for this level.

As an aside, “Pertyck” is an appalling attempt at patter. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] no he didn’t he said the shut down would cost them that much, I know you Weegies are a box office team and all but if you think the difference between our away support and Patrick’s away support visiting Forfar is £75-£100K then I’ve got some genuine Wembley turf for sale. At £15 a head you’d need to take over 3,000 extra fans to both games for that. I doubt the support you take to Forfar is much different to ours.

5 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png no he didn’t he said the shut down would cost them that much, I know you Weegies are a box office team and all but if you think the difference between our away support and Patrick’s away support visiting Forfar is £75-£100K then I’ve got some genuine Wembley turf for sale. At £15 a head you’d need to take over 3,000 extra fans to both games for that. I doubt the support you take to Forfar is much different to ours.

It was in relation to Falkirk and Thistle visiting Station Park twice next season. He never mentioned Raith as they wouldn't be in League One.

3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png no he didn’t he said the shut down would cost them that much, I know you Weegies are a box office team and all but if you think the difference between our away support and Patrick’s away support visiting Forfar is £75-£100K then I’ve got some genuine Wembley turf for sale. At £15 a head you’d need to take over 3,000 extra fans to both games for that. I doubt the support you take to Forfar is much different to ours.

1. The £75-100k for Thistle & Falkirk visiting was a direct quote from the Forfar chairman on Sportsound
2. I made absolutely no comparison between Thistle & Raith's away supports (and neither did he) as Raith are completely irrelevant to the point he was making
3. 3k away fans at £15 a head twice would be £90k from ourselves alone and not counting Falkirk, who the chairman mentioned

All in all, congratulations on missing the point of my post entirely.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

3k away fans 

😳

3k of an away support.  Per game.  For Thistle.  In League One.  After your last three awful seasons.  And with Lowe still in charge.

One has to admire your optimism, however misplaced it may be.

10 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳

3k of an away support.  Per game.  For Thistle.  In League One.  After your last three awful seasons.  And with Lowe still in charge.

You play each team twice at each stadium, dumbass. The point was if Thistle and Falkirk brought 3000 fans each over four fixtures, you would be well into the upper end of the Chairman's estimate.

It is not unforeseeable that Thistle and Falkirk might average over a thousands fans each, and it is likely in both cases that a handful of fans/officials would book hospitality.

Edited by Ad Lib

10 hours ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳

I didn’t say we’d take 3k fans anywhere. Try reading the post I was quoting to understand why I used that figure.

36 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

You play each team twice at each stadium, dumbass.

😳 Yes, I’m well aware of that. And if I hadn’t been aware of it,  it said so in the post - “ 3k away fans at £15 a head twice” .

So, what point are you trying to make? And who’s the dumbass, dumbass?

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

2 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

😳 Yes, I’m well aware of that. And if I hadn’t been aware of it,  it said so in the post - “ 3k away fans at £15 a head twice would be £90000”

So, what point are you trying to make? And who’s the dumbass, dumbass?

That 3000 away fans at £15 a head twice would be pretty achievable for Thistle and Falkirk combined, you weapon.

f**k the f**k off and never come back.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

That 3000 away fans at £15 a head twice would be pretty achievable for Thistle and Falkirk combined, you weapon.

f**k the f**k off and never come back.

You’re not really a morning person, are you? 😜

7 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Oh, really?

I’ll say it again. Try reading the post I was quoting.

Forfar’s chairman said that Thistle and Falkirk would bring him £75-100k a season. The Raith fan’s post suggested it would require 3000 fans twice to reach that kind of target. I disproved this by saying that 3k fans would make him £90k from us alone, not including Falkirk.

Nowhere did I say we would actually take 3k to Forfar. It was an example figure used to disprove a point made in the post it was directly quoting.

Edited by Nightmare

Just now, Rudolph Hucker said:

You’re not really a morning person, are you? 😜

Nightmare was literally pointing out to the Raith Rovers supporting weapon that

15 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

At £15 a head you’d need to take over 3,000 extra fans to both games for that. I doubt the support you take to Forfar is much different to ours.

Was fucking dribbling nonsense.

Forfar's Chairman said that having Thistle and Falkirk in the league would make a £75-100k difference.

Nightmare was pointing out that Thistle [i.e. one club] alone would make up to the higher end of the figure with 3000 fans at each game (the figure San Starko plucked out his arse). Indeed, to hit £75k you'd need only 5k extra fans over the course of a season. So not only would Thistle not have to bring 3k fans a game, if you include Falkirk the figure would be even lower. In fact you could achieve it with just 1250 away day punters at each match.