The Partick Thistle thread

Good question. No idea the answer. I would be sorry if Graham left but could understand why. I actually think we will manage to keep Mohammed niang and Blair Lyons, 2 players who seem to have done well and know league one well.  I actually think we would keep Rudden simply because he’s struggled with injury at Plymouth and us and may feel a season with us in league one will get his confidence going again and he should be scoring for fun at that level.  No idea what will happen with Ross docherty though can understand why he wouldn’t want to go down.

No idea about the rest, though there’s a couple I wouldn’t be too upset about if they did exercise relegation clauses and left

on the plus side I do think even in league one we could still pay higher wages than several championship clubs especially with some like Queen of the south clearly struggling already financially 

We showed profit last year. We'll be struggling as much as most clubs financially just now, I doubt we'll be particularly worse off. Especially given we haven't set up a GoFundMe page yet. Which I fully expected in all honesty.

I don't think paying over the odds wages in League 1 is something worth bragging about either tbh.

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Spotted Brian Graham out jogging this morning. Started pondering how many of the squad will have relegation clauses in their contracts.

Could that open the door for individual players suing the SPFL? 🤔

40 minutes ago, Paul Cicero said:

Another Save the Jags and no St Mirrren to bail you out this time ?  Agent McCall mission 'jobby' complete 

We made a profit last year and are debt free, you dribbling imbecile.

The fact that we have to sit and wait for a result of a vote to find out about our future says to me me this is all wrong.If every club could reduce their budgets so we didn’t rely on tv money we could all leave this corrupt spfl and enjoy grassroots football with out the ugly sisters dictating how things should be.

Guest Flash
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

We showed profit last year. We'll be struggling as much as most clubs financially just now, I doubt we'll be particularly worse off. Especially given we haven't set up a GoFundMe page yet. Which I fully expected in all honesty.

I don't think paying over the odds wages in League 1 is something worth bragging about either tbh.

We only made a profit in 18/19 because we got out the group in the Betfred and got to the 5th round of the Scottish Cup and had the live tv game against Aberdeen. The sponsorship and tv money will have made the difference. After getting knocked out in the first round of all the cups this season, I think we will be back in loss making territory. If it hadn’t been for the furlough scheme, the electronic bucket collections would have been in full swing, imo.

We only made a profit in 18/19 because we got out the group in the Betfred and got to the 5th round of the Scottish Cup and had the live tv game against Aberdeen. The sponsorship and tv money will have made the difference. After getting knocked out in the first round of all the cups this season, I think we will be back in loss making territory. If it hadn’t been for the furlough scheme, the electronic bucket collections would have been in full swing, imo.
I don't doubt that. But given we weren't out with the buckets even before the furlough scheme (as we have had to do in the past), then I doubt we are any worse off than the majority of small clubs.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
32 minutes ago, Flash said:

I don't doubt that. But given we weren't out with the buckets even before the furlough scheme (as we have had to do in the past), then I doubt we are any worse off than the majority of small clubs.

You are using the furlough scheme? Presently we are not and wouldn’t be doing so till June at the earliest as have guaranteed to pay fully all staff and players till then regardless of what league we will be in

Guest Flash
39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
55 minutes ago, Flash said:

Football stopped on 13 March and the furlough scheme was announced on 20 March. I think if there had been a longer gap, the buckets would have been out.

23 minutes ago, third lanark said:

You are using the furlough scheme? Presently we are not and wouldn’t be doing so till June at the earliest as have guaranteed to pay fully all staff and players till then regardless of what league we will be in

The furlough scheme doesn't prevent you from paying your staff in full. The Government support is merely capped at the lower of £2.5k per month or 80% of salary/wage. So the Club could furlough (or indeed be furloughing) staff and paying the remaining 20%.

I don't think I've seen anything from the Club stating that we haven't furloughed anyone.

10 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The furlough scheme doesn't prevent you from paying your staff in full. The Government support is merely capped at the lower of £2.5k per month or 80% of salary/wage. So the Club could furlough (or indeed be furloughing) staff and paying the remaining 20%.

I don't think I've seen anything from the Club stating that we haven't furloughed anyone.

It would be bonkers if we weren't...then again this is Thistle we're talking about...

Everybody looked out their buckets and spades? 🤔

4 hours ago, third lanark said:

on the plus side I do think even in league one we could still pay higher wages than several championship clubs especially with some like Queen of the south clearly struggling already financially 

We are? It's a good job you're here to let us know. I'll go check the bank account.

You will still be paying higher wages than us whatever division you are in, just as Falkirk are.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

You've forgotten we also have the Partick £ to spend.

39 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I'd be astounded if Thistle are not using the furlough scheme to at least some extent. Utter madness. As Ad Lib says, paying 100% doesn't mean you aren't using it.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'd be astounded if Thistle are not using the furlough scheme to at least some extent. Utter madness. As Ad Lib says, paying 100% doesn't mean you aren't using it.

Bare in mind, this is the same Club who decided to put out Season tickets for sale, when they already had an additional income stream coming in via the go fund me page. 

An income stream that required no return. 

They put a choice infront of fans, go fund me or season ticket. 

11 hours ago, dave.j said:

Bare in mind, this is the same Club who decided to put out Season tickets for sale, when they already had an additional income stream coming in via the go fund me page. 

An income stream that required no return. 

They put a choice infront of fans, go fund me or season ticket. 

To be accurate, season tickets were put on sale as many fans asked for it - it has since brought in a further five-figure sum of cash - most who have bought tickets already donated to the fundraiser - they are not competing things ... 

As for furlough use, it kind of goes without saying!!!

2 hours ago, Dan Pet Rescue said:

To be accurate, season tickets were put on sale as many fans asked for it - it has since brought in a further five-figure sum of cash - most who have bought tickets already donated to the fundraiser - they are not competing things ... 

As for furlough use, it kind of goes without saying!!!

Season ticket sales have brought in a 5 figure sum? I can't see that figure published anywhere. Can you point me to it 

Can you clarify how you came to the assumption that most who bought season tickets had already donated? How can you possibly have that data to analyse?

As for furlough use, what goes without saying? That the Club are using it or that the club aren't?

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

Season ticket sales have brought in a 5 figure sum? I can't see that figure published anywhere. Can you point me to it 

Can you clarify how you came to the assumption that most who bought season tickets had already donated? How can you possibly have that data to analyse?

As for furlough use, what goes without saying? That the Club are using it or that the club aren't?

I also haven’t seen that figure published anywhere but tbf that would only need what... 33 people to buy an adult season ticket? I suppose if you chop off VAT you’d need to have sold 41.

Edited by Ad Lib

2 hours ago, dave.j said:

I asked when I bought mine how many they’d sold ... more than 100 was the answer - that was a couple of days ago so will likely have gone up further, likely circa £20k extra income if so 

I was told on the same call that playing squad furloughed and topped back up to 100% income. 

hope that helps 👍🏼

4 minutes ago, Dan Pet Rescue said:

I asked when I bought mine how many they’d sold ... more than 100 was the answer - that was a couple of days ago so will likely have gone up further, likely circa £20k extra income if so 

I was told on the same call that playing squad furloughed and topped back up to 100% income. 

hope that helps 👍🏼

I see your quoting an extra £20k for early season tickets  .... is it that though ? It’s either an extra £20k for this year season or minus £20k to next seasons budget , I would think it is the second choice 

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

I see your quoting an extra £20k for early season tickets  .... is it that though ? It’s either an extra £20k for this year season or minus £20k to next seasons budget , I would think it is the second choice 

Take your point. Extra in the bank now. That’s all I meant. And mine is new money as didn’t buy last (this!) season. 

6 minutes ago, Dan Pet Rescue said:

Take your point. Extra in the bank now. That’s all I meant. And mine is new money as didn’t buy last (this!) season. 

I agree with your sentiment though , I would pay for a season now to ensure seeing my team play next season , money is needed more short term currently