The Partick Thistle thread

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well no, you'd be relegated for being bottom of the league, for having the lowest points average of any team in the division, for having failed to win a single league game in 2020 and for having squandered the chance to move off the bottom by failing to beat a dung Queen of the South side in total freefall - at home - at the beginning of March.

But yeah it was definitely not getting to play Inverness away that has fucked you here.

Your first point is completely accurate, the rest just your usual bollocks. 

Only you could bollix that up. 

Numpty

I can’t see this vote going anything other than one way, so we’ll need a post-vote reconstruction to save us. Might be waiting a while for anything to do with that, as it will likely hinge on what happens to Hearts, and who knows how long it’ll be before the Premiership is decided.

No complaints about going down. I think we’d have finished ahead of Queens if the season was allowed to finish, but realistically I’d say there was a very good chance both of us were going down regardless of who finished 9th & 10th.

We’ve been in the third tier before; that’s not the primary worry for me. The fact that the despicable vulture Low and her pathetic lapdog Britton are still in charge is a far bigger issue for the long term future of the club.

26 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I can’t see this vote going anything other than one way, so we’ll need a post-vote reconstruction to save us. Might be waiting a while for anything to do with that, as it will likely hinge on what happens to Hearts, and who knows how long it’ll be before the Premiership is decided.

No complaints about going down. I think we’d have finished ahead of Queens if the season was allowed to finish, but realistically I’d say there was a very good chance both of us were going down regardless of who finished 9th & 10th.

We’ve been in the third tier before; that’s not the primary worry for me. The fact that the despicable vulture Low and her pathetic lapdog Britton are still in charge is a far bigger issue for the long term future of the club.

I thought Colin Weir's legacy to the club was that it would be fan owned? Is that no happening now?

Shite as it would be to not have at least a chance to scrape to 8th/9th on the pitch for the remaining games, we were hot garbage last season too (although at least there we got away with it right at the end) and haven't done enough to turn that around for this season. If we've ran out of time after having months upon months to improve, f**k it, fair enough.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

4 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Shite as it would be to not have at least a chance to scrape to 8th/9th on the pitch for the remaining games, we were hot garbage last season too (although at least there we got away with it right at the end) and haven't done enough to turn that around for this season. If we've ran out of time after having months upon months to improve, f**k it, fair enough.

Hard not to agree with this.  I can't really muster up too much indignation given how bad we've been.  It's undoubtedly unfair given there's still 8 games, but...well, as I said in the other thread, we've been fucking shite.  We were probably favourites to go down anyway.  Get it decided either way, and prepare to pick ourselves up.  Again.  

38 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

I thought Colin Weir's legacy to the club was that it would be fan owned? Is that no happening now?

That’s what he was sold by her. That’s not what her intentions really are.

We were meant to be fully fan-owned by last month but ended up nowhere near it because the whole thing is a load of shite.

No Club, regardless of its predicament and regardless of whether it deserves or doesn't deserve to be promoted or relegated, should agree to the proposal as presented.

The proposal is to change the rules in an unfair way about a competition that has already started but has not finished and to ask Clubs to agree to it before they know in full what the consequences of the changes of those rules will be.

The promise of talking about league reconstruction if you vote for this unfair thing first is the footballing equivalent of Neville Chamberlain believing he'd secured Peace in Our Time with the Munich Agreement. No credible Chairman would ever accept those assurances and, whatever you think of other things about Jacqui Low, fair play she clearly can't accept those assurances either.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't. Then you'd have all clubs demanding compensation for potential lost revenue. Falkirk could say that if Partick were compensated then why weren't they? They could still have won the league. Every single team can make an argument for being compensated, from saying that they could have won a playoff to even the difference in prize money between say 5th and 6th place.

Maybe, but the argument is much weaker if an equal number of matches have been played. Furthermore, I'm anticipating a more equitable split of the prize money.

4 hours ago, third lanark said:

If we are relegated because we are so bad then fair enough as it is true.  But surely then Hearts should be as well.  Postponing the decision on hearts really is making it a mockery 

@DA Baracus & @third lanark - because Thistle had played one game fewer than Queens it is clearly unfair for Thistle to be deemed the worst club, given that winning their game in hand would have moved them off the bottom. How can anybody justify relegating a club, with all the financial implications that brings, based on a league position after an unequal number of matches played? 

1385812045_Thistlerelegationunfair.jpg.e71c41043b861f2a463ae7699da1458f.jpg

If Hearts are saved from relegation due to the restructuring of the league, then that would imply an expansion of the SPL and therefore no relegation in the leagues below.

That’s what he was sold by her. That’s not what her intentions really are.

We were meant to be fully fan-owned by last month but ended up nowhere near it because the whole thing is a load of shite.

Is she the major shareholder at the club now

Sent from my stolen Samsung s20

21 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Maybe, but the argument is much weaker if an equal number of matches have been played. Furthermore, I'm anticipating a more equitable split of the prize money.

@DA Baracus & @third lanark - because Thistle had played one game fewer than Queens it is clearly unfair for Thistle to be deemed the worst club, given that winning their game in hand would have moved them off the bottom. How can anybody justify relegating a club, with all the financial implications that brings, based on a league position after an unequal number of matches played? 

1385812045_Thistlerelegationunfair.jpg.e71c41043b861f2a463ae7699da1458f.jpg

If Hearts are saved from relegation due to the restructuring of the league, then that would imply an expansion of the SPL and therefore no relegation in the leagues below.

The proposal isn't on current standings though; it's points per game, for exactly the reason you note.

Also the SPL doesn't exist and hasn't existed for many years.

Authrorties asking clubs to take decision out their hands... Utter Shite bags as per..

However the SPFL/SFA found the time and balls to deduct my lot points for fielding one of OUR own youth team players where the punisment never fitted the crime or even close to it..

Why some people still attend national team games and give these clowns money i.ll never ever understand..

Bogging behaviour but not suprised