The Partick Thistle thread

19 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Left under a cloud but let’s hope he survives this!! Apparently a bleed on the brain which doesn’t sound good!

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/former-celtic-star-jackie-mcnamara-21469430.amp

A bleed on the brain is the worst type of stroke. If it doesn't kill you, the effects can be life changing, e.g. disability and speech problems.

Jackie McNamara's family may draw some comfort that Sir Alex Ferguson has made an excellent recovery from his bleed on the brain.

In any event, his recovery will be slow and he will need a lot of medical support over the coming months, possibly years.  

I wish him and his family the best of luck.

4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

A bleed on the brain is the worst type of stroke. If it doesn't kill you, the effects can be life changing, e.g. disability and speech problems.

Jackie McNamara's family may draw some comfort that Sir Alex Ferguson has made an excellent recovery from his bleed on the brain.

In any event, his recovery will be slow and he will need a lot of medical support over the coming months, possibly years.  

I wish him and his family the best of luck.

Latest update says he is critical but stable!

22 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Latest update says he is critical but stable!

That's a good start but Jackie's life may still be in danger. It's likely that he will be in intensive care for several days, possibly longer. Much will depend on the severity of the bleed and it's location. We can only hope that he pulls through and recovers quickly. His age and fitness will give him a better chance than most. 

Good news from the BBC on Jackie McNamara's progress - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51452028

"Jackie McNamara has responded well to surgery and is "up speaking" after being taken out of an induced coma, says former team-mate Darren Jackson."

"He's in and out of consciousness.

"The positive news is that he's had the operation and he was in an induced coma but we've just heard, I spoke to Tommy Johnson who was at the hospital today, he's up speaking.

"They were thinking seven to 10 days he was going to be in an induced coma, but he's speaking today, which is very positive."

On 10/02/2020 at 15:19, dave.j said:

Really? Just shows how differently people view it.

Id say hiding is exactly what he does. watch the amount of times he immediately gives the ball straight back to the person who just gave him it. Watch how many times he moves the ball on but then doesn't make himself available to receive the ball in a new area of the pitch. watch how little he breaks beyond the ball into an overlapping position. He's a bog standard Left Back and an accurate reflection of where we as a Club find ourselves. Sleep Walking into mediocrity.

I watched far more intently tonight, and just like 9 other players, he is pish. You're right, Penrice has no control and no movement. A very poorer than average full back. Like the guy in the team where no one knows where to play him so let's stick him at right or left back.

A shout in the JLS for McCall to GTF, a reply that this isn't his players had me and others  apoplectic. New contracts for o'ware, bannigan,  penrice, and signed o'connor, and Graham (pass marks), keeps playing these diddies.

For the first time tonight, and I know it is raw and it is a diddy cup, but I am wondering if McCall is the right man to sort this out. 

This team has a losing mentality, he brings Archie back who started that losing mentality. This team is shot. No confidence, no fight, no bottle. Raith were at us like terriers from the start and we had no answer.  Bunch of bottling shitebags. I'm away to hide under the bed.

And congrats to Raith Rovers, well worth the win. That's the attitude I want us to have.

Edited by banditjag
Spooling mustook

Make Brian Graham the captain now. Really looks like he cares and that’s more than can be said for the rest of them.
I did feel *a little* sorry for Mitch Austin when Graham was ready to rip his head off at the end... but he had to square it

1 minute ago, EwanMubs25 said:

I did feel *a little* sorry for Mitch Austin when Graham was ready to rip his head off at the end... but he had to square it

Na

There was a few times Austin was an open pass and Bannigan dingyed him, which shows what he must think of him too. Then not squaring it confirmed he’s yet another competition winner. 

McCall has pinned his team around Bannigan and O'Ware. That trust has not been anyway justified. His record is now comparable with Caldwell's. Not that we weren't shite then. Just not as embarrassing.
It will take a miracle to keep us up. We are so short of confidence. 
Don't even start me on that defending...