The Partick Thistle thread

25 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Gary Caldwell.

In addition to Harkins, two of our highest earners are apparently Alex Jones and Mitch Austin. Who have contributed basically hee haw between them.

I think Austin will not be at the club come the end of this window.  Expect jones to stay though. He at least has scored a couple of goals and I think will contribute a few more before the end of the season.  

1 minute ago, R&Y99 said:

I think Austin will not be at the club come the end of this window.  Expect jones to stay though. He at least has scored a couple of goals and I think will contribute a few more before the end of the season.  

Austin is surely off he wasn’t even in the squad at Arbroath. Jones will be our third choice behind Graham and Rudden. 

3 hours ago, Nizzy said:

Taken aback by the overwhelmingly positive reaction to O'Ware's contract extension. One of the most disappointing signings of recent years.

Yes but he winds up Morton fans something rotten so he can’t be that bad.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

Gary Caldwell.

In addition to Harkins, two of our highest earners are apparently Alex Jones and Mitch Austin. Who have contributed basically hee haw between them.

I'm genuinely curious. How come fans seemingly know who earns what? Is it guesswork or direct from the pay office? 

38 minutes ago, Firhill5thrillz said:

Austin is surely off he wasn’t even in the squad at Arbroath. Jones will be our third choice behind Graham and Rudden. 

Austin claiming to be injured..pulled out of training on thursday...

2 hours ago, Socceroony said:

Gutted Slater has left. Good wee player,McCall preferred Cole and Banzo and that’s fitba. Other people can have an opinion,even if it’s one that isn’t as negative and nasty as yours. He was unlucky to get injured but speaking to people who worked with him said he was a model pro and a great lad who really liked Thistle. That’s good to hear and I wish the lad all the best. 

Almost all your posts appear to be about Craig Slater, so I’ll apologise for being negative about someone you obviously know/are related to/are. But I’d also suggest not going on to football forums where people give honest opinions about players they pay good money to watch. 

Edited by VladimirMooc

3 hours ago, IR1970 said:

Is in not maybe he's the problem...still think mcginty is the best out the 3..better on the ball..more comfortable stepping out with it aswell..and left sided which helps...now left with 3 right sided centre backs..

If McGinty is considered good on the ball then can we please shut the doors of Firhill, lock them, and close down Partick Thistle Football Club. 

29 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

If McGinty is considered good on the ball then can we please shut the doors of Firhill, lock them, and close down Partick Thistle Football Club. 

Better than our captain...so better close the doors

42 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Almost all your posts appear to be about Craig Slater, so I’ll apologise for being negative about someone you obviously know/are related to/are. But I’d also suggest not going on to football forums where people give honest opinions about players they pay good money to watch. 

No need for apologies I just don’t get the vitriol from some posts. If he’d been an asshole or caused bother at your club or something I could maybe understand it. I don’t know maybe he was nasty to you,if so then he’s getting it back,fair enough. Coached him when he was a kid. Great kid great attitude. 

17 minutes ago, Socceroony said:

No need for apologies I just don’t get the vitriol from some posts. If he’d been an asshole or caused bother at your club or something I could maybe understand it. I don’t know maybe he was nasty to you,if so then he’s getting it back,fair enough. Coached him when he was a kid. Great kid great attitude. 

Well said. Fans can give honest opinions and still do it with a modicum of respect and decency. Especially to our own players. 

Don’t know what he’s done so far, apart from score against Morton, but McCall is on record as being a big fan of O’Ware so the contract extension is unsurprising. The timing of the announcement is pretty strange though, given we’ve just been beat at Arbroath with an abject performance, which he was more than culpable for.

Would be great if we could get one more CB this window and get McGinty straight to f**k, although I suspect that our incoming business is done.

McCall sees something in O'Ware, I'm less sure myself but he must be doing something off the pitch to be given the armband and a contract extension. Being our best centre back just now is no accolade at all. But it's not impossible to see him as part of a decent defence in a way you know McGinty or Saunders just wont be.

And with apologies to Craig's da who we know is reading but Slater was a complete nothing.