The Partick Thistle thread

3 hours ago, VladimirMooc said:

The fact that anyone can be “gutted” at Craig Slater leaving highlights how far our standards have fallen. He is an absolute nothing player and I’m pleased he’s gone. 

Gutted Slater has left. Good wee player,McCall preferred Cole and Banzo and that’s fitba. Other people can have an opinion,even if it’s one that isn’t as negative and nasty as yours. He was unlucky to get injured but speaking to people who worked with him said he was a model pro and a great lad who really liked Thistle. That’s good to hear and I wish the lad all the best. 

22 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Is in not maybe he's the problem...still think mcginty is the best out the 3..better on the ball..more comfortable stepping out with it aswell..and left sided which helps...now left with 3 right sided centre backs..

McGinty good on the ball? Either you are Sean McGinty, a relation of his, or you have never seen him play football.

He has a foot (and head) like a 50p piece. Awful, awful excuse of a footballer.

This really isn't saying much, but I don't think McGinty is any worse than Saunders. I agree that he can occasionally look decent coming out with the ball.
O'Ware too has been a massive disappointment since he returned from injury but there's still a tiny sliver of hope with him.

30 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

He plays on the left just now but is all right sided...mcginty last year playing beside anderson was far better than bombscare or saunders...got to hope this guy Brownlie is a player and can also pass...because oware and saunders aint got that in there game...imo they are more of a threat in the opposition boxes than mcginty..

Agree all 3 are quite bombscare. I’d actually say in the opposition boxes oware and Saunders do pop up with the odd goal.  Anytime mcginty like Devine for us went up for a corner kick it was just a waste of time - completely incapable of scoring 

11 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Agree all 3 are quite bombscare. I’d actually say in the opposition boxes oware and Saunders do pop up with the odd goal.  Anytime mcginty like Devine for us went up for a corner kick it was just a waste of time - completely incapable of scoring 

I did say they are more of a threat

28 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

McGinty good on the ball? Either you are Sean McGinty, a relation of his, or you have never seen him play football.

He has a foot (and head) like a 50p piece. Awful, awful excuse of a footballer.

If you read it right i said Hes better than the other 2 on the ball..saunders and oware are murder...but they 2 and Brownlie will need to start getting clean sheets between now and end of the season....cant believe thistle fans are happy that 1 of the 3 centre halfs has been rewarded with a new contract he should be chased. 

Two good performances against Morton and f**k all else since he’s joined.

I wouldn’t have re-signed him, or at least not for another two years. Maybe he’ll form a solid partnership with Brownlie, but I’d be very surprised.

He is lucky to be getting an extension, so it’s time for him to step up now. I was delighted when we signed him but he has been a huge disappointment this season. We have the worst defensive record in the league which tells its own story. 

Brownlie said he’s almost always played in a four at the back down in the Borders so I can see us playing 4 at the back more often going forward now that we’ve got Barjonas/ MacKinnon who can sit in front of the defence. 

Will this work? I’ve no idea 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

Our support have lower levels of self-respect and expectation than the Tartan Army.

Re. O’Ware - he’s not a lost cause like McGinty is, but he badly needs to get his finger out. Thus far his contribution to the cause has been a winner against Morton and some quality trolling of their fans.

Define the self respect bit? 

15 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Most surprising thing is reading Harkins is a high earner at Thistle. I'm amazed he's even still playing at this level, never mind commanding a good wage from a relatively big club.

Gary Caldwell.

In addition to Harkins, two of our highest earners are apparently Alex Jones and Mitch Austin. Who have contributed basically hee haw between them.

37 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

He is lucky to be getting an extension, so it’s time for him to step up now. I was delighted when we signed him but he has been a huge disappointment this season. We have the worst defensive record in the league which tells its own story. 

Agree completely- I presume he is a leader in the dressing room but I really expected far more from him on the pitch

35 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Most surprising thing is reading Harkins is a high earner at Thistle. I'm amazed he's even still playing at this level, never mind commanding a good wage from a relatively big club.

Him n Brian Kerr are good mates. Played together twice at Dundee. It's good to be in a position where you can give your mates a high paid job.

Britton did it with Fulton.