The Partick Thistle thread

47 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

He’s not managed to get better defenders yet. Still stuck with O’Ware, Saunders and McGinty. Replace them and we’ll be better.

I’d also try for a new keeper as well. Fox is rotten.

Brownlie's not the answer. 

That’s as depressed as I have seen McCall at an after match JZ interview since he came back. Rudden was feeling his thigh in the warm up and they decided not to risk him as if it went he would be out for weeks. They expect him to be fit for Friday!

That’s as depressed as I have seen McCall at an after match JZ interview since he came back. Rudden was feeling his thigh in the warm up and they decided not to risk him as if it went he would be out for weeks. They expect him to be fit for Friday!

He’ll be out Friday then..

Good news for us!

Can't believe the lad MacKinnon is a full time player ie foorball is his job trains 4or5 days a week ??.
What a state he is in. Has he always been that shape or did he have a good festive period.

He’s just finished at 35. Really surprised he got a full time gig tbh.

Being an Ayr fan i'm not coming on here to slag you but genuinely wondering what your feeling towards McCall would be in a months time if after all these very decent signings for the Championship level failed to improve performances and results, can you see him getting sacked?

Cause at the end of the day he's come in and not really improved the results, took over a few months ago when you were bottom and you're still bottom. I know he's just being able to put his stamp on the squad now with signings and it'll take time to gel but surely time must be running out for McCall if things don't improve soon.

Get Mcginty and Fox to f**k  ! Not upto the job. I wouldnt mind keeping O'ware or Mcginty but prefferbly as back ups.

Mcginty has got to be the softest 6,4 CB ive ever seen. Hes supposed to be a commanding centre half. Forwards must love playing agaisnt him, slow weak and hardly wins a header when hes being challenged.

Fox is an absolute flap arttist who doesnt communicate with the defence i really dislike him as a goalkeeper (not as a person) i just think our defence and fox is a recipe for distaster. 

Your really either looking for either your goal keeper to command his  area or if you have defenders who are experienced enough and good enough in the air to get rid of it. We have neither.

38 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Rumour has it you’ve signed Blair Lyons from us (maybe on a pre contract). Bit of a blow for us if true .. on his day he’s a class act.

Guys in the know saying he will sign this week...not sure if he will be loaned back as we need new players in pronto..

1 hour ago, third lanark said:

Who knows but he is an improvement on oware, mcginty and Saunders.  Archie hadn’t a clue in the signing of mcginty

Or oware...and many more...plus he released Brownlie 

Edited by IR1970

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Being an Ayr fan i'm not coming on here to slag you but genuinely wondering what your feeling towards McCall would be in a months time if after all these very decent signings for the Championship level failed to improve performances and results, can you see him getting sacked?

Cause at the end of the day he's come in and not really improved the results, took over a few months ago when you were bottom and you're still bottom. I know he's just being able to put his stamp on the squad now with signings and it'll take time to gel but surely time must be running out for McCall if things don't improve soon.

Angry about today and he failed to get the players up for it but he inherited a lot of dross so he gets some slack. In the same way you guys are praising kerr he actually inherited a very good squad and I don’t doubt he would have struggled if he had to deal with the dross Caldwell and Archie signed.  I’m more concerned about why exactly Archibald is back and what he is contributing.

mccall is on a 3 year deal so doubt he will be going anywhere even if we go down 

mans you have maybe not come on this thread to slag us but you have been doing plenty of that on the Ayr United thread

Edited by third lanark

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Caldwell was sacked after winning zero league games this season. McCall did significantly improve results. We were that bad.

35 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Caldwell was sacked after winning zero league games this season. McCall did significantly improve results. We were that bad.

But still bottom and leaking goals...a few heavy defeats thrown in...this week is massive.....

3 hours ago, rb123! said:

Since McCall came in we’ve beaten Inverness twice and Dundee away, which would never have happened under Caldwell. The results against the part-time sides have remained as poor, but I have no doubt we’d have fewer points right now if we still had Caldwell.

McCall isn’t getting sacked this season, even if we do go down. And nor should he, as he’s been left with an abomination of a squad that will take more than one window to fix. That said, I’d still be disappointed if we did get relegated, as this league is so fucking rubbish.