The Partick Thistle thread

20 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I don’t think doolan will be here until the summer as we still have jones and mansell on contracts - though they have been disappointing too.  Not really convinced doolan is the answer either though it might be more a youth academy coaching role he would be brought back for

What you on about? Jones is a quality striker-

image.png.537ca20650fd2864796c26f67276f4a8.png

We’d have been worse off had we not had Miller in the early part of the season, and he’s always tried for us but quite happy to see him go if we’re now going to have Graham and Rudden as our main strikers with Jones and Mansell as back up. He’ll be on a good wage that can be used better elsewhere then all for it.

Best of luck to the guy.

Tried fairly hard, did lots of pointing, scored some goals but missed loads of chances too.  Was obviously being paid far too much money.

Quite odd to see him sitting in his white blazer on the Sportscene sofa punditting his own miss in the cup.  Scottish football eating itself there.

14 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

I’ve got nothing against Miller - he’s tried hard, but he’s done. He doesn’t really fit any position - in many ways he never has but he made up for it with pace and hard work, and age has caught up with him.

A Graham / Rudden front two will do nicely.

I agree very much with this. Can't fault his effort but probably what irks most is his pointing and moaning at team mates, particularly annoying when what it is he is moaning about was HIS fault. IMO we won't miss him. As you say Mediocre, this is an exciting pairing on paper.

13 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

A contact of a contact mate emoji3.png Most of the stuff I say is already semi common knowledge but tend to put it in anyway. Wish someone had a contact at the pars and could tell me about the 4 marquee signings we're lining up but that's just not to be..

Doolan? 

A section of the support never took to him. A few factors. Doolan leaving, OF connection, Caldwell pal and the misses...anyway we move on ❤💛

I didn't mind the pointing and moaning also he certainly wasn't lazy but when your times up your times up 🤷‍♂️

Good luck to him going forward.

Forza Thistle ❤💛

26 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think the most bizarre thing about Miller was in the 4-1 game at Somerset he spent most of the time on the halfway line trying to get the ball and McCall didn’t even seem that bothered by it.

A few on SRE Facebook seem interested in him signing...🤔😉

4 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

A few on SRE Facebook seem interested in him signing...🤔😉

Well we "missed out" on David Goodwillie so it will be the next way to have a go at Lachlan for showing "no ambition".