The Partick Thistle thread

If it means that we don't have to stick with someone because "well, who else would you play?" reasons, then great.  If a player isn't performing or is low on confidence, we should always be in a position where we can take him out of the team and play someone else.

You hear that Joe?

I wouldn't be surprised to see either Harkins or Slater leave this month, if we can move them on.

For all that I thought Palmer was okay, I think Barjonas is an improvement. Certainly seems a bit more physical from what I've seen and has been training with the first team at Rangers since pre-season.

Ideally, we'll be able to ship out some more dross before the end of the month. If Graham does indeed sign by the end of the week, I can't see any role at all for Mansell and certainly a diminished one for Jones. Sadly can't see Robson getting the heave without cover for Penrice - but my God, he's a proper rank footballer; and have a fucking shave for Christ's sake.

Think I'd rather park Cardle in the stand than let him go back to Dunfermline where he would inevitably score against us, no doubt.

Barjonas was utterly rotten with us last season. Did the usual Ibrox loanee trick where he skelped in a wondergoal and then had no interest after that. 
The difference in attitude between someone like him and Zanatta the season before was huge. 
Yep, if Partick are looking for someone to dig in and battle then Barjonas is absolutely not the man for the job.

In fact, if they're looking for someone to spray passes about, he's not the man for that job either.

58 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Not doubting what Raith fans are saying but he must have something if Sevco gave him an extension to his last contract but like everyone else I am not sure where he is going to fit 

If he can get in team he will be 1 of our 3 midfielder's....plenty of competition..

5 hours ago, jaggyness said:
5 hours ago, Sting777 said:
Can’t see him getting in, in front of Cole, Bannigan or McKinnon barring injury or suspension

Bannigan and MacKinnon are walking yellow card magnets so he'll probably get quite a few games then

Bannigan on JZ last week said he hasn’t been booked in (from memory) his last 7 games and it’s an area he has been told to improve on. Do agree about McKinnon though!

Wasn't sure about Barjonas but in his interview he sounded as if he's up for it as previously mentioned, but i do think he'll give his all when asked of due to the fact that McCall and Gary McAllister are good friends and in football friends are a big thing and i would assume Barjonis won't want to let his boss at ibrox's mate down. FWIW i don't usually like loan deals so fingers crossed.

Record reporting that we're no longer interested in Cammy Smith as he was taking too long to decide, which suggests to me that Barjonas was the next choice. 

I’m happy enough with how things worked out if that’s the case. You don’t want to wait about too long, better to just move on to your 2nd choice.

3 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Record reporting that we're no longer interested in Cammy Smith as he was taking too long to decide, which suggests to me that Barjonas was the next choice. 

Yup, he's on trial with Dundalk.