The Partick Thistle thread

Just to annoy Gav even further, McCall on JZ tonight saying he wants another 3, 4 or maybe even 5 in, though it wasn’t clear whether that’s just this window......and he says he will get them!!

Edited by Sting777

McCall knows best imo, a clear headed gamble free Ian McCall has proved plenty of times he knows how to build a successful team at this level.

Lets hope he gets the chance to prove he can be successful in the league above also.

ETA : we sign who we want

Edited by Thistle4eva

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Couldn’t go or watch tonight. How did MacKinnon and Rudden play?

Talking of the cup game, can Thistle fans remember the last time the Jags won the kind of soft-as-shite last-minute penalty that's often awarded against them in games with Celtic? 🤔😉

24 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

The news from the front is that Christie Elliott will again be signing for Partick Thistle in either this transfer window or in the summer.

If this means Williamson is moving on that is tremendous news.

The news from the front is that Christie Elliott will again be signing for Partick Thistle in either this transfer window or in the summer.
Whilst the prospect of replacing Williamson is obviously pleasing Christie Elliot is not the answer, would take as a back up utility player though.

1 hour ago, jaggyness said:
9 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Whilst the prospect of replacing Williamson is obviously pleasing Christie Elliot is not the answer, would take as a back up utility player though.

😂 

I suppose the question is whether Christie is better than Williamson and then is there someone better than Elliot available.

I'm guessing this stems from him being at last night's game?

He's been missing at Carlisle since Elvis got binned. Not sure if due to injury or just not rated by incumbent manager.

Main thing is he will be on a hefty wage down South. Can we get anywhere near that? 

Not too fussed that he left, I'll not be too fussed if he doesn't sign up again.

3 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Now that County have played their cup tie (and are out) I expect any potential move for Brian Graham would progress.

He’s got a one match league suspension, so needs to sign after County’s match against Hearts on Wednesday to be able to play for us against Arbroath on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Now that County have played their cup tie (and are out) I expect any potential move for Brian Graham would progress.

Hopefully before Saturday. I think he was banned for a game with them so should be available right away for us if he signs after Wednesday.