The Partick Thistle thread

9 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Delighted to get Rudden

Is this a glorified 2.5yr loan though?

Technically no. He can play against the Rangers next season! 😉

Rangers have gone heavy on the clauses, buy back and sell-on but he’s pretty much all ours 😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Delighted to get Rudden

Is this a glorified 2.5yr loan though?

We have paid a fee for him so he is our player though I imagine Sevco will have first options on him if he really hits the ground and will get him for the fee we decide, less their sell on clause

5 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

In picking my ticket up today, word is we are "working" on another couple of players coming in. Got the impression we would like to get rid of a couple as well. 

No further details given. 

Would imagine that would be Mayo and Graham! 

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Get them two in plus a new right back and a winger and we would be well set IMO.

Time to get some more of the dross punted now.

If we get Graham, that a pretty potent strike force on paper!! If we get Mayo he might shift Saunders to right back.

Edited by Sting777

43 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

In picking my ticket up today, word is we are "working" on another couple of players coming in. Got the impression we would like to get rid of a couple as well. 

No further details given. 

I did ask if we could nominate the players to punt, this was politely declined with the suggestion that the Clubs view was probably not dissimilar to that of the fans.

48 minutes ago, whereismillar said:

What's the chances of Rudden being involved in 2 relegations from the championship in a row  ?

Probably less than those that will find  Alloa back in the seaside leagues come May A907 😉

53 minutes ago, Big Dan said:

I did ask if we could nominate the players to punt, this was politely declined with the suggestion that the Clubs view was probably not dissimilar to that of the fans.

Ha ha! Good yin.

Mind you I could take issue with 'rid of a couple', I was thinking more 9 or 10 myself.

3 hours ago, ka202 said:

Quality signing, a wee bit rough round the edges, need to keep playing him even when he's playing shite, that's when he scores. Almost every time I wanted him subbed off last season he scored about 5 minutes later.

Agree with this. Thistle fans will love Rudden as his commitment is brilliant and he never, ever gives up.

Could this be the start of Thistle being the club that Rangers use to give their young players experience ? Taking advantage of McCall’s relationship with them ?