The Partick Thistle thread

It wouldn't be a riot. I think the realism is that snakey will be back at some point to try and get others.
If Forrest goes to Thistle over Livingston or lesser extent Dundee, I'd actually question the players or his agents mentality and decision making more than anything else. 

What’s your reasoning for that argument. Is it just about the money ?

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Forfar away next season ^

I doubt Forfar will get promoted, tbh.

Why would you question the player or his agent? Moving to a bigger club in the same division (Dundee, Thistle) or a small-sized club in a higher league (Livi) seems to be perfectly logical career step to me. I don’t think he’s good enough to be walking into the starting lineup at an established first tier side; but for natural career progression & financial stability, the clubs listed make perfect sense.

Ayr fans seem to be putting far too much value into current league position as a measurement of club status. We have been an absolute shambles on the park for the past couple of years and you have been very good but it takes more than a couple of up or down years to change the hierarchy of clubs in Scottish football. Players and their agents will always put more stock in club size (and thus the money available) than short-term fortunes.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

I doubt Forfar will get promoted, tbh.

Why would you question the player or his agent? Moving to a bigger club in the same division (Dundee, Thistle) or a small-sized club in a higher league (Livi) seems to be perfectly logical career step to me. I don’t think he’s good enough to be walking into the starting lineup at an established first tier side; but for natural career progression & financial stability, the clubs listed make perfect sense.

Ayr fans seem to be putting far too much value into current league position as a measurement of club status. We have been an absolute shambles on the park for the past couple of years and you have been very good but it takes more than a couple of up or down years to change the hierarchy of clubs in Scottish football. Players and their agents will always put more stock in club size (and thus the money available) than short-term fortunes.

He will be leaving Ayr in the summer whatever happens.  I dont think its unreasonable to question the decision making if he chooses to go to Partick over Livingston though.  At 23/24 you'd expect most players to want to try themselves in the top league rather than staying at the same level for at least another year just for a few quid more.  

15 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Excellent to get Rudden confirmed. 

Not a big fan of McCall brown nosing Rangers* though. Can only hope it is with a view to getting more players off them, hopefully Nathan Patterson on loan.

17 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Aye, right you are then.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

What?

Its hardly unusual for a club to insert a buy back clause or first option clause when selling young players with potential.

However I do realise the idea of receiving any sort of transfer fee might be an alien concept to an Ayr fan.

13 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

What?

Its hardly unusual for a club to insert a buy back clause or first option clause when selling young players with potential.

However I do realise the idea of receiving any sort of transfer fee might be an alien concept to an Ayr fan.

Chelsea selling Nathan Ake to Bournemouth will have a buy back clause included. Zak Rudden to Thistle? Come on now. 

Remind me what was the last transfer fee you received for an outgoing player? 

Edited by BukyOHare

Chelsea selling Nathan Ake to Bournemouth will have a buy back clause included. Zak Rudden to Thistle? Come on now. 
Remind me when was the last transfer fee you received for an outgoing player was? 

It probably helped Thistle keep the fee down and means Rangers have first dibs should other teams want to buy him. Works well for both teams involved.