The Partick Thistle thread

5 minutes ago, thenolly said:

This.

Oliver wasn’t a Jags fan but became one, and invested a fortune of his own earned wealth into us

Lambie wasn’t a Jags fan but became one and became our greatest manager ever 

McParland wasn’t a Jags fan but became one after he took us to our greatest moment ever.

Im fine with the narrative being Weir had a soft spot for us and fell in love with us later

What we have now is history being rewritten and it’s disrespectful to Colin Weir, the club and it’s fans

That's well put, but there has been insensitivity on this. Let's rise above it. Those with an anti Low agenda can continue at a more appropriate time. That's real respect. 

10 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

On a football note apparently Rudden was at game on Saturday. Maybe he is having second thoughts.....

Spoke to Zac Rudden in hospitality on Saturday. Without going into detail i'm surprised his signing has not been announced.

8 hours ago, dave.j said:

Sorry if you seem to think i was ranting, far from it, i'm very relaxed about the whole situation. 

If anyone was ranting i'd suggest it was those responding to me last night especially the guy who became quite abusive about me posting on WAT.

I don't think i demanded answers of anyone.  it's quite surprising how you have misread my posts.

Again, you seem to be looking for something thats not there, i've never been ungrateful for the amount of support he has provided.

You’re underlining words quite aggressively though.

I personally prefer the asterisks.

49 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

That's well put, but there has been insensitivity on this. Let's rise above it. Those with an anti Low agenda can continue at a more appropriate time. That's real respect. 

When? Wednesday?

1 hour ago, reservoir jag said:

Spoke to Zac Rudden in hospitality on Saturday. Without going into detail i'm surprised his signing has not been announced.

I think they were waiting till after the last day of his loan to Plymouth which was today so should hopefully be tomorrow 

2 hours ago, thenolly said:

This.

Oliver wasn’t a Jags fan but became one, and invested a fortune of his own earned wealth into us

Lambie wasn’t a Jags fan but became one and became our greatest manager ever 

McParland wasn’t a Jags fan but became one after he took us to our greatest moment ever.

Im fine with the narrative being Weir had a soft spot for us and fell in love with us later

What we have now is history being rewritten and it’s disrespectful to Colin Weir, the club and it’s fans

What was even more disrespectful to Colin Weir was that some seemed to be implying he wasn’t even a jags fan and suggesting it within a day of his death 

11 hours ago, third lanark said:

What was even more disrespectful to Colin Weir was that some seemed to be implying he wasn’t even a jags fan and suggesting it within a day of his death 

Well if they had implied it when he was alive he might have took the hump and left with his money.

Quite pleased with the signing of Mackinnon - I love when we sign a proper b*****d, haven't done it often enough. We've been crying out for a midfield enforcer since Osman decided selling hats was his priority. I note the Accies fans suggesting that he's regressed somewhat this year but I'm hopeful he'll be able to do a job for us until the end of the season at least. Reminiscent of the signing of Hugh Murray. 

With Ross County apparently lining up Oli Shaw from Hibs, I'd imagine that indicates the deal for Brian Graham is edging closer. A guy we've tried to sign at least twice before, hopefully he turns out as well as the last striker we signed from County. 

By most accounts, the deal for Rudden is all but announced. Certainly seemed to have the nose of striker last year but I think he might have played off the front in the past? The sort of player we should be signing and hopefully one that we might be able to make a profit on in the future.

Have heard that we're close to a right back as well who would be most welcome as Williamson is god-awful.

Not sure I can see the Cammy Smith deal happening now that Nicky Clark is out for the season - but maybe one for the close season.

51 minutes ago, Armand 2 said:

Quite pleased with the signing of Mackinnon - I love when we sign a proper b*****d, haven't done it often enough. We've been crying out for a midfield enforcer since Osman decided selling hats was his priority. I note the Accies fans suggesting that he's regressed somewhat this year but I'm hopeful he'll be able to do a job for us until the end of the season at least. Reminiscent of the signing of Hugh Murray. 

With Ross County apparently lining up Oli Shaw from Hibs, I'd imagine that indicates the deal for Brian Graham is edging closer. A guy we've tried to sign at least twice before, hopefully he turns out as well as the last striker we signed from County. 

By most accounts, the deal for Rudden is all but announced. Certainly seemed to have the nose of striker last year but I think he might have played off the front in the past? The sort of player we should be signing and hopefully one that we might be able to make a profit on in the future.

Have heard that we're close to a right back as well who would be most welcome as Williamson is god-awful.

Not sure I can see the Cammy Smith deal happening now that Nicky Clark is out for the season - but maybe one for the close season.

Absolutely loved MacKinnon during his spell at Ayr, absolute thug that you love to have but hate to play. Shame big Jamie has retired as it could have been a true clash on the titans.