The Partick Thistle thread

Did Darian ever play with McGowan at Hamilton? [emoji848]
[mention=16134]accies 1874[/mention]
McGowan was a good few years before MacKinnon, sadly. A midfield of Imrie, MacKinnon and McGowan would've been great fun.

I do.

Colin Weir may well have been a lifelong Thistle fan (I think he probably was, or at least had some affinity with the club), or he might have only heard of us when he got involved - I don’t think it actually matters which.

What is of interest is why the narrative that he was a lifelong fan is being pushed so hard, and by who. It reeks of Jackie Low and her PR shite, and i think she’ll use it as a reason to stay in an influential position in order to ‘honour a legends wishes’ or something like that.

None of this is intended as a slight on Colin Weir, who, as I said, I think probably was a genuine Thistle fan and who, even if he wasn’t, did a lot of good things for our club and has all of our thanks for that.

I thought she was already in an influential position being the only named director now of 3 Black Cats, who will ultimately decide on the structure of the club

I’m pretty happy to trust McCall on player capability, and agree with the above that it’s hard to make a fair assessment of any individual player when the team and system has been so ineffective. I think O’Ware could be a good part of a solid defence with the right central defensive partner and a capable right back.

5 hours ago, dave.j said:

no, they probably don't. 

but i'm sure every fan has at least one picture of them in Thistle colours, right?

I'm pretty sure I don't. I went to pretty much every game in the 90's and 00's home and away. I don't go to as many games now due to work and family. 

Want to have a go at me now? 

Or are you too busy getting ready to disrupt a funeral service with a 'you're not a REAL Jags fan' banner? 

43 minutes ago, bad chad said:

I'm pretty sure I don't. I went to pretty much every game in the 90's and 00's home and away. I don't go to as many games now due to work and family. 

Want to have a go at me now? 

Or are you too busy getting ready to disrupt a funeral service with a 'you're not a REAL Jags fan' banner? 

Calm down 

20 hours ago, dave.j said:

Is this the same youth set up he had recently pulled all funding from, which let's not kid on, would have led to it being closed down? 

If I was putting in my own money to allow the club to secure a long term sustainable cash and player stream and someone told me that a venture capitalist would be reaping the benefits instead I’d stop the funding too.

But then I couldn’t find a photo of me supporting the Jags before the club started  photographing the crowds a few years ago so I can’t prove my credentials as a fan of 45 years and a season ticket holder of 35+ years

Was finished at least 2 seasons ago. The one aspect of his game he was good at, running about fouling people is completely beyond him now. Might do ok in the diddy leagues.

Absolutely hates the Dee so worth playing against them.
We had the same sort of feedback from supporters of the former clubs of Scott MacDonald and Steven Anderson this time last year and they turned out to be a huge factor in our survival. I'm hoping this is more of the same. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I do.

Colin Weir may well have been a lifelong Thistle fan (I think he probably was, or at least had some affinity with the club), or he might have only heard of us when he got involved - I don’t think it actually matters which.

What is of interest is why the narrative that he was a lifelong fan is being pushed so hard, and by who. It reeks of Jackie Low and her PR shite, and i think she’ll use it as a reason to stay in an influential position in order to ‘honour a legends wishes’ or something like that.

None of this is intended as a slight on Colin Weir, who, as I said, I think probably was a genuine Thistle fan and who, even if he wasn’t, did a lot of good things for our club and has all of our thanks for that.

This.

Oliver wasn’t a Jags fan but became one, and invested a fortune of his own earned wealth into us

Lambie wasn’t a Jags fan but became one and became our greatest manager ever 

McParland wasn’t a Jags fan but became one after he took us to our greatest moment ever.

Im fine with the narrative being Weir had a soft spot for us and fell in love with us later

What we have now is history being rewritten and it’s disrespectful to Colin Weir, the club and it’s fans