The Partick Thistle thread

9 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

What's your point? Apart from having an obvious lack of respect for someone getting buried on Tuesday. You must be a joy to sit/stand beside. 

His point is that instead of being classed as a benefactor who took a liking to our youth set up and decided to help, before falling in love with them then buying us, he’s now being lauded as number one lifelong fan, when no one seems to recall him prior to his win.

He put money in especially to the youth set up which should be lauded but let’s not try to change history and make him into something he wasn’t 

17 minutes ago, thenolly said:

His point is that instead of being classed as a benefactor who took a liking to our youth set up and decided to help, before falling in love with them then buying us, he’s now being lauded as number one lifelong fan, when no one seems to recall him prior to his win.

He put money in especially to the youth set up which should be lauded but let’s not try to change history and make him into something he wasn’t 

Petty squabbling about his degree of support, whether it be financial or emotional is simply disrespectful.  As it happens I was at the 1971 famous win. So what. Doesnt make me a better fan than any supporter. He supported the club. End of. 

32 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

What's your point? Apart from having an obvious lack of respect for someone getting buried on Tuesday. You must be a joy to sit/stand beside. 

I've shown absolutely no lack of respect, I'm merely showing an interest and a want to learn, about our lifelong fan who's legacy we are going to fulfill. 

Can you point to anything disrespectful at all in my post? 

If not, then I accept your apology.

On 11/01/2020 at 16:41, Somerset Boab said:

Bad one for yous today but apparently full back young Finn Ecrepont is coming to Thistle. He’s only started one game for us but highly rated and Scotland under 17 regular, massive future. Would image he will be loaned back out as he won’t be ready yet. Mind you a would be expecting him to have played a major part next year for us. McCall loves him anyway. There’s a development fee to be sorted anyway but should be done.

Sounds like you have made that up boab .

6 minutes ago, dave.j said:

10 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I've shown absolutely no lack of respect, I'm merely showing an interest and a want to learn, about our lifelong fan who's legacy we are going to fulfill. 

Can you point to anything disrespectful at all in my post? 

If not, then I accept your apology.

From the Donald Trump book of self effacing vanity in the face of overwhelming evidence of being a 5 star buffoon. 

24 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

From the Donald Trump book of self effacing vanity in the face of overwhelming evidence of being a 5 star buffoon. 

I’m assuming you knew him as most of your 7 posts have been about him

4 hours ago, dave.j said:

Did anyone get a copy of yesterday's tribute Programme? 

Don't suppose there was any pictures of the late Colin Weir in his pre lottery win Thistle supporting days? I've never seen one.

Considering he would have been about 20 for the League Cup win, he must have had some amount of stories to tell, supporting Thistle home & away from Largs?

Anyone in here used to sit beside him, what was he like?

Thank feck I do not sit anywhere near you. Your are one odd character who likes to play the p***k. I assume your the same person who posted regularly under the name ..potty trained on WAT. You were a pain in the arse on WAT also.

2 minutes ago, reservoir jag said:

Thank feck I do not sit anywhere near you. Your are one odd character who likes to play the p***k. I assume your the same person who posted regularly under the name ..potty trained on WAT. You were a pain in the arse on WAT also.

Who did you post as?

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

Chill out, then.

Colin Weir chose to share his wealth with our football club, revolutionising the youth development setup in the process and here you are trying to peddle conspiracy theories on a message board before the guy has even been laid to rest.

Turn it in. 

I couldn't give a shiny shite if/when/to what extent Colin Weir supported or contributed to Thistle in his youth. I do care about him choosing to gift a chunk of his fortune to the club and financing Thistle Weir.

A quick google also found this - can take with a pinch of salt based on the source if you wish, but:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-made-debt-free-6968347

Colin, who along with his wife won £161million in the lottery, said: “I have been a Jags fan since I was a boy and have spent many hours at Firhill, some of them more enjoyable than others! Chris and I are delighted to be part of the collective effort to help the club achieve financial security, no mean feat for any club in Scotland today. We also support the establishment of the Trust to give fans a greater say in their club and were pleased to be in a position to gift shares to it to get it off the ground.”

So yeah. Might serve as a timely reminder to some exactly how much he did for us.

1 minute ago, Hammer Jag said:

Colin Weir chose to share his wealth with our football club, revolutionising the youth development setup in the process and here you are trying to peddle conspiracy theories on a message board before the guy has even been laid to rest.

Turn it in. 

And I have nothing but respect for him doing that. But let's not rewrite history.

He shared far less than 5% of his and his wife's wealth.

He revolutionised the Youth set up. But did so as a completely different Company separate to the club.

I've not peddled any conspiracy theory. All I've asked for is a bit of history behind his love of the club. Why can no one provide any? 

2 minutes ago, dave.j said:

And I have nothing but respect for him doing that. But let's not rewrite history.

He revolutionised the Youth set up. But did so as a completely different Company separate to the club.

I've not peddled any conspiracy theory. All I've asked for is a bit of history behind his love of the club. Why can no one provide any? 

what is wrong with you will ferrell GIF by Team Coco

3 minutes ago, dave.j said:

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/colin-weir-becomes-first-ever-patron-of-partick-thistle/

image.png.179b06169139b10382e4137fe155090d.png

Of course they could be lying about him being a dyed in the wool Thistle fan who sat in the main stand as a young man, because reasons.

49 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Kenny Miller has scored a goal in professional football in 4 different decades. 90’s, 00’s, 10’s and 20’s. That’s pretty impressive to be honest.

Aye mate, was thinking the same thing when he got that consolation goal the other night. What a boy...