The Partick Thistle thread

Robson was appalling yet again. Bringing him on for Jones today was the most questionable decision McCall has made so far.

Even if Jones was injured, why do it like that? Instead of putting wee legs at LB and moving Penrice to CM, why not just bring on a CM in the first place? Slater was on the bench, and unlike Robson he’s actually a football player.

Robson was appalling yet again. Bringing him on for Jones today was the most questionable decision McCall has made so far.
Even if Jones was injured, why do it like that? Instead of putting wee legs at LB and moving Penrice to CM, why not just bring on a CM in the first place? Slater was on the bench, and unlike Robson he’s actually a football player.

Was Jones injured? I can’t get my head around the decision. We were clearly being stretched by the end of the first half but there was no way that formation was going to get us back in the game.

25 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Was Jones injured? I can’t get my head around the decision. We were clearly being stretched by the end of the first half but there was no way that formation was going to get us back in the game.

I don’t know if he was. Just meaning that regardless of whether it was a tactical change or because of injury, bringing on Robson made no sense.

Jones looked knackered after about half an hour today. Don’t know if it was the heavier pitch which had an impact, or maybe a knock, but he usually only lasts 60/70 minutes anyway.

Regardless, the decision to bring Robson on was strange. He looks like a competition winner/make-a-wish child with shorts too big for him.

2 hours ago, third lanark said:

I’d say Cardle while not being very good looks interested and does actually try. Zanatta does have ability but for me just can’t be arsed using it. He makes shirking out of tackles look like an art

Swap the names about and that's my opinion of them.

Did anyone get a copy of yesterday's tribute Programme? 

Don't suppose there was any pictures of the late Colin Weir in his pre lottery win Thistle supporting days? I've never seen one.

Considering he would have been about 20 for the League Cup win, he must have had some amount of stories to tell, supporting Thistle home & away from Largs?

Anyone in here used to sit beside him, what was he like?

9 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Don't suppose there was any pictures of the late Colin Weir in his pre lottery win Thistle supporting days? I've never seen one.

Considering he would have been about 20 for the League Cup win, he must have had some amount of stories to tell, supporting Thistle home & away from Largs?

I have a digital copy, but no I didn’t notice any pre-lottery win pictures of him at Firhill. Maybe he was in the Express or in those days the Aggro and hid from photographers to avoid a 4am visit from C Divisions finest

3 hours ago, dave.j said:

Now now, the guy spent a lot of money on us, so I'm happy to let him ride on our coat-tails. 

Edited by bad chad
Spelling!

No, but the club keep telling us that he was a lifelong Jags fan, so it must be true!

3 hours ago, dave.j said:

What's your point? Apart from having an obvious lack of respect for someone getting buried on Tuesday. You must be a joy to sit/stand beside. 

9 minutes ago, theundisputedvoiceofreason said:

What's your point? Apart from having an obvious lack of respect for someone getting buried on Tuesday. You must be a joy to sit/stand beside. 

His point is that instead of being classed as a benefactor who took a liking to our youth set up and decided to help, before falling in love with them then buying us, he’s now being lauded as number one lifelong fan, when no one seems to recall him prior to his win.

He put money in especially to the youth set up which should be lauded but let’s not try to change history and make him into something he wasn’t