The Partick Thistle thread

Can I just ask how an Airdrie fan would know about the exact discussions between Partick Thistle and Montrose over a player?

not meaning to be cheeky I’m just curious 

As highlighted above, if the deal was done it would be announced

19 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

Remember he was pissed off and withdrew his funding before coming back to buy the club. Who knows what arrangements he made regards his money. Even if he has made provision for PTFC, maybe his family will contest it.

Utter nonsense.   Everything this guy did in later life where finance was involved would have been scrutinised in full by the firm of lawyers/accountants seconded to him.

This isn't some Agatha Christie novel where the will would be challenged due to mental impairment

18 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Utter nonsense.   Everything this guy did in later life where finance was involved would have been scrutinised in full by the firm of lawyers/accountants seconded to him.

This isn't some Agatha Christie novel where the will would be challenged due to mental impairment

We shall see, but I have read that his estate could be stuck in courts for a while.

45 minutes ago, Aufc said:

As highlighted above, if the deal was done it would be announced

We have not actually announced officially the docherty and brownlie deals. Ian McCall made mention in an interview but Partick Thistle have never actually announced them

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

We have not actually announced officially the docherty and brownlie deals. Ian McCall made mention in an interview but Partick Thistle have never actually announced them

Pre contracts are not a guaranteed transfer the club or more often the player can change their mind. 

This bickering over Colin Weir's financial involvement post his death needs to stop.

We are incredibly fortunate that a multi million pound lottery winner chose to invest in our club. Now that he has sadly passed away, there is surely no guarantee of any further investment from the Weirs.

Until we hear otherwise, as a club I trust that we havent been solely relying on the Weirs to stay competitive and that we are financially fine to continue to move forward.

1 hour ago, weetoonlad said:
1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:
Why dont you f**k off back to your own forum.

And your point is

I thought his point was admirably clear, to be honest.

He was asking why you don’t f**k off back to your own forum.

2 hours ago, weetoonlad said:
4 hours ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:
Maybe the uncertainty over the Weir finances has made them keep the cash tin closed.

Mrs Low holds all the aces now

Does she hold the cheque book?

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

This bickering over Colin Weir's financial involvement post his death needs to stop.

We are incredibly fortunate that a multi million pound lottery winner chose to invest in our club. Now that he has sadly passed away, there is surely no guarantee of any further investment from the Weirs.

Until we hear otherwise, as a club I trust that we havent been solely relying on the Weirs to stay competitive and that we are financially fine to continue to move forward.

I don’t believe the plan was for more investment.

He bought the club, he was handing it to the fans, and the fans were running it.

or was there another plan?