The Partick Thistle thread

Kakay, Hall and Wilson all gone though having read it again it might be that Wilson is going out on loan again as the article doesn’t express its thanks for his service unlike the other 2

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/squad-update/

Williamson, De Vita, Robson and Mansell next please.

I’m not bothered about Kakay tbh.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Williamson, De Vita, Robson and Mansell next please.

I’m not bothered about Kakay tbh.

I thought Williamson was pretty decent on Saturday. Not too bad in the previous two games either. 

I won't argue that we need competition for his position though and hopefully the player coming is of a good standard.

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

I thought Williamson was pretty decent on Saturday. Not too bad in the previous two games either. 

I won't argue that we need competition for his position though and hopefully the player coming is of a good standard.

Thought he had a terrific game on Saturday. He has linked up well with Kakay down that side, but yes he is frail defensively. After years of watching Christie never get a cross past the first defender, Williamson has been a breath of fresh air in that area. He could be worth a try as a wide man further up the park!!

Edited by Sting777

Thought he had a terrific game on Saturday. He has linked up well with Kakay down that side, but yes he is frail defensively. After years of watching Christie never get a cross past the first defender, Williamson has been a breath of fresh air in that area. He could be worth a try as a wide man further up the park!!
Gary Miller (player / coach) short term to the summer wouldn't be that bad as a full back and as you said Williamson further up the park, i believe Miller is working at Falkirk at the moment and also working with our under 16's so this could be a possibility to bring him back if we can get him away from the bairns?

Williamson never looks comfortable with the ball and takes on average 15 touches to secure it at his feet. He's fine and when playing against diddies like Morton he's going to look good in attack. Shame to lose Kakay, he's very direct, looks decent enough and always looking for the ball, but I think the fact he's really fast makes up for the lack of final ball. Would have kept him on, mind you. Better than a lot of the players we have right now.

Getting rid of players is a good start, all depends on who we bring in tbh.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

Thought Williamson his usual self on saturday. He offers pace and his crossing is pretty good but defensively he is hopeless.

Which is exactly what the Pars fans told us when he signed. Still think he could do a job further up the park, out wide!

Edited by Sting777

Being a full back and being a winger are two completely different things: the former normally allows plenty of free space for the player to advance from deep with or without the ball unchallenged, whereas the latter will usually be more closely marked and require some degree of attacking or physical skill and intelligence to find space. I could say with some confidence that Ryan Williamson would not be a very good winger. 

I thought Williamson was utter dog meat against Dundee but fine against Morton.

Agree with this. The Morton LB was by some distance the worst player on the park as well. Williamson played some nice one-twos with Kakay which freed up some extra space but I didn’t think his final ball was that great. His first touch is also horrific. Would maybe keep for the rest of the season, but could be doing with someone in front of him to help with tracking back.

16 hours ago, Smurph said:

Williamson never looks comfortable with the ball and takes on average 15 touches to secure it at his feet.

This for me.  He looks like one of those players that gets it on their weak foot, and looks severely uncomfortable at the fact. Only it's on both feet.