The Partick Thistle thread

Just now, jaggyness said:
6 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Am I making this up but didn't he have a trial or sign a short term contract with us a few years ago?

He was a youth player with us around 2012/2013.

Just now, jagfox99 said:

He was a youth player with us around 2012/2013.

He signed in 2013/14 (first season in Premiership) and played for the u20s but never made a first team appearance, went on loan to Cowden then signed for them permanently at the end of the season.

Wonder if this getting out now is just trying to force QoS to accept a bid in January?

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Might be getting confused, but thought you couldn't talk to players out of contract in the summer until January?

Would that not be tapping up?

think it's within 6 months of contract expiry though that might just be my old Football Manager experience talking and having to have every one of your players signed up by 30 November  to avoid them walking (disclaimer: haven't played it properly in about 7 years)

Anyone else go to the working group meeting tonight? I wasn’t really expecting much, but still ended up leaving with more questions than answers.

Goodwin’s presentation on fan ownership as an overall concept was fine, but when questioned about what things would mean for Thistle he gave a lot of politician’s answers where he talked for ages without actually saying much. Bryan Jackson told some stories about clubs going into administration which didn’t seem particularly relevant to anything, and I’d bet that Dundee fans don’t agree with his assertion that they enjoyed admin because they got to find out more about the inner workings of their club.

Didn’t feel that the pair of them fared well to the cross-examination which came in the Q&A afterwards. Dismissed Motherwell’s poor recent financial returns as pretty much “oh well, these things happen”, and repeatedly refused to answer what would (will?) happen if the new board aren’t ready to take the shares on from TBC by the deadline.

All in all - meh.

Edited by Nightmare

Thought Mr Goodwin came across poorly with no answers to very important questions. “That shouldn’t happen” was the reply when asked about what happens if 3BC turn down the proposal the working group come up with.

Don’t really know why Jackson was there. 

And for those wondering how we’re going to plug any budget gap when the fans take over - we’re going to hire out the Rough Lounge more often.

Its all pie in the sky as far as I can see. If Goodwin has been doing this for 10 years but can’t answer basic fundamental questions, his motives and competence must be in doubt.

Comparing fan ownership in Scotland to Germany and Spain was laughable.

Didnt like the sound of it to begin with, and still don’t like the sound of it. 

10 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Wonder if these PCAs are void if we go down? 

Certainly interesting.  It likely won't happen in either case, but Ayr could well be in the Premiership while we're in League One next season.  I suspect we'll both be in the same league, but still.

Very much my mate's dog's dad's hairdresser stuff, but apparently Forrest wants away to us as well, source from the man himself's...barber.  So aye, probably shite.