The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

He was at the QoS game with Jaqui Low. She has denied he's coming back on board via a post on Facebook.

IMG_20191210_105018.jpg.d5127974030adf3ab94cfdf40567cdcd.jpg

Low can't even write in plain English! 😂 She does not, officially, have any power to promise anyone a  Director's role (or any other job)  in the future. 

That pathetic tweet suggests that she is in contact with the interim board. It only adds to speculation that she's got an unofficial role at the club and does not clear anything up.

Well, if I was a multimillionaire owner of a football club, I would look for someone with experience of capably running a comparable professional sports club, and then, upon finding a suitable candidate, employ them.

What I probably wouldn’t do is pick someone who made a complete arse of the job last time, and whose involvement is obviously going to go down really poorly with the entire fan base.

You’re right though than Colin Weir can do what he wants. That doesn’t mean he should be exempt for criticism for it.

You have told us here what you would do, but not how you would do it(which is what I asked) and how would you decide what is “capably”

38 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Good to see the important stuff liked honorary titles getting sorted. 

Agreed. Good to see the interim board hitting the ground running and taking the important decisions like outing some of the guys who outed Jacqui Low, which is of course a coincidence. Also good that they’ve taken these decisions without any influence whatsoever from Jacqui Low who isn’t at all involved in the running of the club. 

5 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

It was either going to be that or give them the absolute minimum. I think it shows that Colin Weir isn’t going to fund our ongoing operational costs in any way.

In the scheme of the investment he has made/will make in January, an extra £100K seems small. 8000 x £25 split 50/50.

no it wasnt either this or that. plenty of options available.

our board took the easiest one. shaft the fans

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This situation just goes to show the much dreamed of "millionaire fan of the club" investing in it might not always be a positive. 

If you don't want the millionaire investing in Thistle send him down to Dumfries don't care who he brings with him 

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

If you don't want the millionaire investing in Thistle send him down to Dumfries don't care who he brings with him 

Trust me, you would. 

His associates make your lot look like Steve Jobs. 

Although Ms Low IS a Tory... 

12 hours ago, professor challenger said:

Let's see, the club has no debt, owns the stadium free and clear and the manager is almost universally accepted as the right man for the job.negative

There are reasonable expectations that the playing squad will be improved in the January transfer window.

The fan ownership model appears reasonably successful at most of the clubs at which it has been adopted.

it must just be cool to be negative

The Club doesn’t own the Stadium clean and free.

Three Black Cats owns the entirety of the Bing and the Main Stand. In fact, since Firhill Developments Limited no longer owns those parts of the ground, and the Club was a major shareholder *in Firhill Developments*, the Club technically has a financial stake in *less* of the stadium now than it did a month ago.

11 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

"will not be the policy for any upcoming league games between the two clubs, as and when we are once again playing in the same tier"

Posted while we're 9th in the Championship. Christ f**k.

I’m looking forward to Lennon’s relegation dogfight.

11 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

The Club doesn’t own the Stadium clean and free.

Three Black Cats owns the entirety of the Bing and the Main Stand. In fact, since Firhill Developments Limited no longer owns those parts of the ground, and the Club was a major shareholder *in Firhill Developments*, the Club technically has a financial stake in *less* of the stadium now than it did a month ago.

Didn't the statement say they were transferring the ownership of the land to the club within 7 days?  Did this not happen as planned?