The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

What has Roughie done wrong at Partick, that some fans don't want him there?

Was a director under Low and nobody knows what he actually did. Has no idea about current players, and calls Thistle “yous” when talking about the club to people. He couldn’t give a f**k about Partick Thistle, but we’re a useful way for him to remain somewhat relevant in Scottish football.

Aye I get that but surely he recognises the mess that her board made in delaying Archibald’s sacking and appointing Caldwell. Of course this points to his own incompetence or he simply doesn’t care and wants his old pal at the club again.

I think it is unfair to call it incompetence. How would he have the experience to know what is best way to run a football club or any business for that matter ?

Maybe he trusted what Jacqui Low was planning at the club.

If he recognised the mess we were in, he wouldn’t have reacted the way he did.

I think it is unfair to call it incompetence. How would he have the experience to know what is best way to run a football club or any business for that matter ?

If he doesn’t have the experience to run a football club, he should have employed people who do - not some “PR expert” who is almost universally despised by the fan base.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Hiya Jacqui x

Let's see, the club has no debt, owns the stadium free and clear and the manager is almost universally accepted as the right man for the job.negative

There are reasonable expectations that the playing squad will be improved in the January transfer window.

The fan ownership model appears reasonably successful at most of the clubs at which it has been adopted.

it must just be cool to be negative

It's difficult from a Thistle fans point of to keep abreast of what is actually going on at the moment and really understand who is all involved and to what extent. It's also hard to put much faith or trust in this given the last two years. I think we're absolutely right to be concerned and to question. To blindly go into this thinking I'm sure it will all work out fine would be foolish. 

I mean who's to say the controlling members of the fan group in whatever shape that transpires to be in March, won't use a 55% majority to vote in favour of a return to the board for Jacqui Low. 

Did the Alan Rough rumours only come from Alan Nixon (albeit, he's usually a credible source) or has anything else been mentioned from other sources? 

Edited by thistledo

16 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Did the Alan Rough rumours only come from Alan Nixon (albeit, he's usually a credible source) or has anything else been mentioned from other sources? 

He was at the QoS game with Jaqui Low. She has denied he's coming back on board via a post on Facebook.

IMG_20191210_105018.jpg.d5127974030adf3ab94cfdf40567cdcd.jpg

Edited by jagfox99

Actually no problem with giving them 7k tickets or whatever that equates to.

They’d have 3x our fans anyway even just in the JH, might as well give them another 2k seats that would mostly be empty anyway because our fans don’t want to see this fixture.

If he doesn’t have the experience to run a football club, he should have employed people who do - not some “PR expert” who is almost universally despised by the fan base.

How does he do that. Or, how would you go about that ?

If he wants to throw his money about, what can we do about it.

Looks like we're giving Celtic about 80% of the tickets for the cup game.

It was either going to be that or give them the absolute minimum. I think it shows that Colin Weir isn’t going to fund our ongoing operational costs in any way.

In the scheme of the investment he has made/will make in January, an extra £100K seems small. 8000 x £25 split 50/50.

How does he do that. Or, how would you go about that ?

If he wants to throw his money about, what can we do about it.

Well, if I was a multimillionaire owner of a football club, I would look for someone with experience of capably running a comparable professional sports club, and then, upon finding a suitable candidate, employ them.

What I probably wouldn’t do is pick someone who made a complete arse of the job last time, and whose involvement is obviously going to go down really poorly with the entire fan base.

You’re right though than Colin Weir can do what he wants. That doesn’t mean he should be exempt for criticism for it.

48 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Well, if I was a multimillionaire owner of a football club, I would look for someone with experience of capably running a comparable professional sports club, and then, upon finding a suitable candidate, employ them.

He didn't become a multi-millionaire by being an astute businessman though, did he. So he's just as likely to have his views influenced by a passing chancer as anyone.