The Partick Thistle thread

25 minutes ago, GrahamJags said:

Call me skeptical, but I don't think Jacqui Low will disappear entirely come 30th March...

I'd agree with that.

Partly because she's an egomaniac, and partly because I doubt there will be a sufficient succession plan in place by the end of March, the latter of which will lead to an extension of the interim board's tenure.

Call me skeptical, but I don't think Jacqui Low will disappear entirely come 30th March...
JL is overseeing CW investment simple fan ownership never works it does short term 12/18 months but long term No . keep Goodwin away from your club he is bad news . You need a stable board to take the club forward .it just seems the club is in a mess on and off the park

Sent from my ZTE BLADE V7 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

The new setup is totally uninspiring and colour me stunned that the training ground is caput and Jacqui Low is involved. Craft beer wankfest/liberal democrats party meeting makeup on the new "leadership".  I've missed loads of games through sheer choice the last 2/3 seasons and the club is doing nothing to get part-timers like me back with the new regime, whether it be the board, this working group of talking heads or as a collective. Just having a team to support isn't enough for me, the diehards will always be there and should be the last priority for the club, yet these are the people who will make every decision about the club, people who are so wrapped up in the bubble and can't see the wood for the trees. What looks like new found rock bottom ambition is just going to further distance me from the club.

Edited by Firhill_Basin

I know that it feels like every year since the first season back up in the top flight (oh how very long ago that team feels now) there's been a bit of a fear of relegation about this time of year, but it's starting to feel like there's just no arresting the decline this season; any hope that McCall would find a way to immediately steady things is gone now. We're pretty comfortably the worst team in the division.

Not pinning my hopes on us sorting this on January either seeing as we're a bit of a sinking ship.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

😮

critical result right there, cant believe we snatched a late comeback victory off the back of recent performances and results, i had it in my head most of the players had given up knowing they'll be out the door soon but perhaps not.

Season defining fixtures coming up for December, would take an avg of a point per game by the time we're into the new year all things considered.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

22 minutes ago, Reid said:

McCall saying Cole staying on is close to being done.

Good to hear McCall saying that on JZ. Other than the 3 points that’s the best news of the day if it happens. Would be happy to see Ozzy extending till the end of the season as well

Another good result on the road. McCall has done pretty well overall with the hand dealt to him.

Dunfermline aside we are restricting the opposition team's chances. We also usually grab at least a goal in most matches.

Now we have a run of games where McCall has already faced with this squad. We beat ICT and Dundee on the road.

Can Mr McCall turn the home form around? Here's hoping he can!

21 hours ago, Firhill_Basin said:

The new setup is totally uninspiring and colour me stunned that the training ground is caput and Jacqui Low is involved. Craft beer wankfest/liberal democrats party meeting makeup on the new "leadership".  I've missed loads of games through sheer choice the last 2/3 seasons and the club is doing nothing to get part-timers like me back with the new regime, whether it be the board, this working group of talking heads or as a collective. Just having a team to support isn't enough for me, the diehards will always be there and should be the last priority for the club, yet these are the people who will make every decision about the club, people who are so wrapped up in the bubble and can't see the wood for the trees. What looks like new found rock bottom ambition is just going to further distance me from the club.

So you won't go to games because of who owns/ runs the club rather than the usual excuse of poor results/ performances? 🤔

Sorry if I've picked up your post wrong.

Given what a shambles we have been both on and off the park this season, it's encouraging that we're off the bottom and only a point behind Morten (albeit having played a game more).  If McCall can improve us in January (there is too much dross to transform us completely) then who knows, maybe we won't be in the third tier next season after all.  Before yesterday's game I fully expected us to be adrift by the end of the year.  That was a really important (and unlikely) win.

Hi lads, sorry to jump in, think I’ve been here before when we interviewed Stevie Lawless and that seemed to go down pretty well. 

This time it’s Chris Erskine, I’ll post the whole interview here tomorrow at some point If that’s ok? It’s one you’ll probably all want to listen to and share, he has so much love for you guys and a fair bit of hate for Gary Caldwell, here is a sneak preview of what to expect...