The Partick Thistle thread

It’s difficult to overstate how much it stinks that everyone knows Low is back and in control yet she’s still lurking in the shadows with zero public recognition of her involvement. 

Irrespective of whether you trust or like her (I dislike and distrust her), surely nobody can be happy with this weird state of affairs?

Edited by VladimirMooc

1 hour ago, KelvindaleJag said:

This is over-egged (and who says we Jags supporters can't be drama queens?), but actually expresses the two problems which any new structure will have to cope with: allowing the emergence of majority opinion to make strategic decisions and also allowing a minority view to be expressed. My view is that we can manage those problems with reasonable success.

Most football clubs in the UK don't operate that way. Instead of adopting decision-making by a broader fanbase and growing used to it, their structures are still based on the small factory-owners' approach from the century before last: what we say goes, because we own you. The fear of entering a different, more inclusive era is, at times, almost palpable, but surely the old ways are increasingly inappropriate. They almost destroyed this football club in the time of STJ; another, ostensibly more successful, club south of the Clyde fared even worse; yet another, after trying to find a harbour in various places, has been stranded away from Glasgow and its original fanbase. For the time being, we can relax, knowing that funds are not going to dry up even although there will be financial and personal challenges as a new model is introduced and adapted.

Regardless of the eventual structure, strategic decisions will go wrong sometimes. Others have fared worse: Bayern München had a tax evader as its President; Barça has staggering amounts of debt, with nobody held accountable. Scottish and English football clubs run by businessmen collapse from time to time. For our club's long-term future, it may well be more important that we have funding for the academy. We have a committed manager, a settled home and the glimmerings of a long-term future rather than just racing to reach the end of this or the next season without going insolvent. Little of that is vulnerable to fans' bad or good decision-making.

Let focus on multimillionaire clubs like Bayern München and Barça later.

I want to know if Low and her wee pals are going to be part of the long term board or not.

We made the Price Of Football podcast...

Spoiler

Pretty inaccurate summing up but hits on the point that all the money in the world doesn't make the club better if the club makes poor decisions...

O’Ware is one of our most disappointing signings in years. Unlike the jobbers who come up from down south and you’re not really expecting much, he should be a solid, reliable player at this level as he has been before. But he’s just rubbish, and seems to be an arsehole as well.

Bin the lot. Weir needs to pull a Roy MacGregor before he hands the shares over to the fans if we’re to have any chance of staying up this year. But I doubt that’ll happen.

Starting to get a feeling of inevitability that we're going to end up down in the seaside leagues by the endof the season.

Still feel a bit mixed in that McCall hasnt turned it around, but maybe the players are taking note from Hibs a few seasons back and going through the motions until they get paid off.

That shite we served up against Penicuik is looking really alarming to me now; little to no graft in the team and poor from back to front. We're the weakest team in the league, and without drastic changes in january we're done.

Thought we'd bottomed out last season but perhaps not.

11 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

O’Ware is one of our most disappointing signings in years. Unlike the jobbers who come up from down south and you’re not really expecting much, he should be a solid, reliable player at this level as he has been before. But he’s just rubbish, and seems to be an arsehole as well.

Bin the lot. Weir needs to pull a Roy MacGregor before he hands the shares over to the fans if we’re to have any chance of staying up this year. But I doubt that’ll happen.

He will need to if we are to stay up. Even going down to 10 men early on should not end up in a capitulation like that. It won’t happen, but I would start with a clear out of the whole central defence and take it from there!!

9 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Caldwell was a cancer on this club.

Still got some of Archie's duds stinking out the place too. O'Ware #1 tumshie today.

In fact we've even got Archie back in situ...

8 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Jeez that interviewer (Graham?) must have been tanking the hospitality today. At least McCall put him right!! What fucking positives can you take out of losing 5-1 to Dunfermline!!! 

Edited by Sting777

It’s quite obvious that Thistle have large chunks of nepotism runningthrough the club, bringing McCall back, Archibald back, and appointing within Gerry Britton, old pals patting each other in the back we’ll sort this with Archibald being the worst case of this, clear out required and start again.

Thistle fans follow them through thick and thin and deserve better than what’s being served up.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Muggins here won a signed shirt a wee while back. I quite like the shirt but I'm absolutely fucked if I want the scribbles on it to remind me of the shitebags currently wearing it. 

Anyone got any tips for getting permy marker off a shirt? Asking for, erm, myself. 

Just burn the thing.

Id rather Weir just closed shop so I can let go and spend my football watching Maryhill Juniors or Pollok and sink pints not giving a solitary f**k.

IMG_1575145215.569371.jpg
M8.. I’ve chucked it since Caldwell took over. I went last week for Penicuik game unfortunately. I’ve switched to Junior football... Yoker Athletic. Do it.