The Partick Thistle thread

We are dreadful.

Actually a bit better tonight that in previous home games. Yes, incredibly low praise. Cole and Kakay are both good. Hit the bar twice, denied clear penalty. I hope that once we get a few breaks, better confidence, and a few new players, we’ll end up mid-table.

No subs tonight!

Actually a bit better tonight that in previous home games. Yes, incredibly low praise. Cole and Kakay are both good. Hit the bar twice, denied clear penalty. I hope that once we get a few breaks, better confidence, and a few new players, we’ll end up mid-table.

No subs tonight!

No subs was strange on the face of it but the options were dire.

Edit: I would’ve brought on Mansell or Jones although neither look up to much. Our squad has no balance and is full of absolute shite.

If McCall can keep us up it will be a miracle and that’s no exaggeration. Our squad is horrifically unbalanced and totally bereft of any quality or spirit. You could genuinely make a case for punting every single one of them. 

The appalling standard of the league and unpredictability of it might prevent us from being cut adrift before January but we can forget any idea of this squad digging themselves out of this hole. It will be challenging enough for McCall to try and entice players to our club, but I can’t imagine it will be any easier trying to shift Caldwell’s clowns.

At least the feel good factor following the takeover lasted erm, 48 hours or so.

The fucking state of us.

Kakay MOTM for me followed by Cole and Slater. That’s about it. Worrying factor is that the first two mentioned will be off in January. I would be trying to get their contracts extended. Even more worrying was the crowd tonight!! Troubling times

31 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

You could genuinely make a case for punting every single one of them.

This, please.

Never seen a squad with so few redeeming qualities.

A squad that the Low-led board decided to let Gary Caldwell overspend by hundreds of thousands to build, no less. Incredible.

This is a great example to show that recruitment is almost everything. You can be the best coach in the world, have all the coaching badges you can get your hands on and have a great tactical knowledge, but if you can't spot a player or don't know what sort of player is required at a certain level you have no chance. Sounds like Caldwell has signed a bunch of duds and therefore the difference any manager is going to make until they are shipped out is going to be marginal.

As I said in the match thread the only 2 signings he's made this season that look any use are Kakay and Cole who were supermarket sweep deadline day half season loan signings which suggests the blind squirrel and nut theory.

I don't blame him for offering Cardle another year as he was good last season but he hasn't so much fallen off a cliff this year as jumped off it with a backpack full of bricks. Palmer, Jones, Mansell, Williamson, and Robson all offer nothing , De Vita less than that, and Fox was a pointless signing when we already had a competent enough goalie at this level. Maybe Mitch Austin and his wooden leg will save us...

If Kakay keeps improving I'd like to see him stay with us, I thought last night was about his best game for us so far. Some of the balls played to him were awful punts directly at him, but his first touch was impressive, maybe needs better distribution afterwards and little bit more confidence.

Other than that, meh as f**k, beyond meh as f**k in fact. 

If Kakay keeps improving I'd like to see him stay with us, I thought last night was about his best game for us so far. Some of the balls played to him were awful punts directly at him, but his first touch was impressive, maybe needs better distribution afterwards and little bit more confidence.
Other than that, meh as f**k, beyond meh as f**k in fact. 

I’d like Kakay to stay purely on the basis that he should limit the amount that Ryan Williamson plays.

Our squad is absolutely fucking shite. Our best players are two loanees and a 40 year old.

One positive is that Craig Slater, on the limited evidence I’ve seen, is playing much, much better than Bannigan so hopefully we’ll not have him straight back in to do nothing then get sent off again.