The Partick Thistle thread

On the face of it this is probably good news as it gives us a semblance of stability (in not becoming a feeder club for Barnsley), and brings the stadium/land back into the club's control.  I would also expect Colin Weir to restart the training ground plans.

My main worry is in some of the personnel - 1) that a proven incompetent in Jacqui Low is once again lurking, despite her shit-stirring in running to the press and deliberately painting the club in a bad light only a few months ago when she was punted from the board. Possibly her negative contribution can be minimised if this "PR supremo" is kept well away from any PR work...  2) that Lifelong Thistle Superfan Paul Goodwin might also be looking to use us to gain personal publicity and press coverage for his stupid ideas, which he has past form in at Stirling before scuttling away and calling them ungrateful.

21 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Keep that useless lying Tory away from Firhill.

If she was good at running a football club (e.g. hiring competent, non-egomaniac managers) and/or knew how to do PR which didn't enrage and patronise fans, she might be an asset - it doesn't matter what her political views are.

Unfortunately her time on the board was a complete disaster and she should have the nous to recognise that.

I think Weir's intentions are good, my only real concern would be why TBC (other director J Low) was used as the vehicle to purchase the shares rather than a company specifically set up for that purpose, and also what happens if Weir snuffs it before the transfer of shares.

Mainly hoping that as Charan Gill is on the board he sorts out the catering.

11 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I think Weir's intentions are good, my only real concern would be why TBC (other director J Low) was used as the vehicle to purchase the shares rather than a company specifically set up for that purpose, and also what happens if Weir snuffs it before the transfer of shares.

Mainly hoping that as Charan Gill is on the board he sorts out the catering.

That would, indeed, be most welcome. Hopefully, though, he has a wider brief. There is potential to grow the fan base from the largely untapped Asian communities. Bill Shankly once said (and I paraphrase); The only way Partick Thistle will be successful is if they invent a third religion. A naive world view, of course, but I think we all know what he meant.

14 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Wonder if Weir will give money to spend in January as a one off? Just to help correct the utter shit-show of a squad Caldwell left behind

A few of those utter shit players were signed by our new assistant manager 

On 04/11/2019 at 12:11, Nightmare said:

I’ve got kind of the opposite attitude towards fixing this mess as you, @KelvindaleJag The defence is an absolute shambles, and is the one thing we immediately need to fix, imo...

Normally, I'd agree, as all successful teams are built on effective defences, but my thought was that a short-term fix would be the only possibility mid-winter.

28 minutes ago, Maine said:

Interesting to see pictures of Mitch Austin and Alex Jones in training. Has their been any updates on their fitness lately?

Should've used a motion photo.  A few frames after the photo was taken they both fell down separate mine shafts.

17 hours ago, cilitbang said:

Wonder if Weir will give money to spend in January as a one off? Just to help correct the utter shit-show of a squad Caldwell left behind

Self sustained break even fan ownership.... Please Colin can we have some more of your money.

I’d hope so. Weir bankrolling us was the only
selling point of fan ownership.

Outside of that it’s just some random guys from the Northie arguing with each other over who’s turn it is to be in cherge this week.