The Partick Thistle thread

Think that’s a bit optimistic.

Hall I think is away on 1st Jan unless he comes into the team and starts regularly. Of the 4 loan guys De Vita has been the worst, Kakay has been OK at wing but was signed to play full back, Cole looks like another sicknote, and I’m not quite as sold on Palmer as most of our support seem to be. All 4 of them could easily go.

Not sure how many of the guys in their last year would be mutually consented in January . Harkins would be an obvious choice but we’d probably have to pay him up in full as I can’t see him getting another FT gig.

As much as it’s easy to make e-sports references about Austin, I can’t see there being any way be get rid of him in January after waiting for him to get fit all season so far. If we’re working on the basis that Doolan comes back (which I’m not in favour of despite saying we should have kept him in the summer) then Jones might be more likely to go than Mansell.

As for the summer, it’ll depend what division we’re in (obvs won’t be the PremiershIp), but I don’t think Miller is here next year, he was / is mates with Caldwell which would have been part of the reason for him moving here.

Edited by Fuctifano

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Did Harkins not sign an 18 month contract? He’ll be free to go / freed at the end of the season in that case.

18 months of Pizza Express by the look of him on Saturday.  Granted he's likely still in far better shape athletically than I have ever been or will ever be, but surely it's pretty poor for a professional footballer.

23 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Did Harkins not sign an 18 month contract? He’ll be free to go / freed at the end of the season in that case.

I was talking about in January, same goes for Jones.  My bad and will edit 

Edited by Fuctifano

I'm expecting Erskine back in January as he can't get a game for Livi just now + if Miller gets injured we only have Mansell..

We now have a manger that isn't a total fraud and can build a team so I’m quietly optimistic they will unearth at least one gem we've not heard of

The dizzy heights of a mid table finish awaits!

I'm not on twitter but surely a fair chunk of those biĺlionaires quite literally just had to sit on their backsides to inherit family wealth? Almost makes me want to sign up and engage in a pointless flame war, but tbh i prefer just watching them occur on P&B. Edit: i think this was covered in the politics forum, but you could earn £10,000 a day, every day, for 100 years and you still wouldnt be a billionaire. It's not just hard work, theres got to be some sort of element of exploitation or being part of an oligopoly etc. in there.

Also feels a bit weird seeing someone go to the effort to defend them while utterly ignoring the 14 million mentioned in corbyns  post. Nothing unusual to ignore or even justify the plight of the poor these days, right enough.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely