The Partick Thistle thread

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Can't spell Conor Hazard without "Con or hazard" imo

Better than Jack Hamilton I suppose, which is probably all you're looking for. 

For what it's worth, Hamilton has actually been decent this season. He's sporadic but seems to have calmed down and grown a bit in confidence.

Hamilton has just had surgery for appendicitis so it'll be our younger 'keeper, Calum Ferrie, he'll be competing with.

11 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Part of me can't wait to see where Caldwell ends up next, if he ends up in another managerial position, can you imagine the delight if it was Morton after Hopkin gets the boot. 

That would be funny, but is anyone at this level even remotely likely to hire him given that he's an obvious egomaniac and abject failure, and just petulantly stated that he doesn't understand how championship players think, because he was better than them in his career?  Gary may have talked himself into a corner here, as he's not going to get a top-tier job (or the Scotland job).  We may never see him working his magic in management again - what a wee shame that would be.

The interview dispels any lingering respect (and that  wasn't much) I may have had for Caldwell. An absolute tosser of the first water, deserves to go down in history as one of our worst ever. Still bumbling and flailing away David Brent style.

Any club which employs him as a manager deserves what it gets (as, to some extent did we!).

Makes The Bunnet look good.

14 hours ago, thistledo said:

Part of me can't wait to see where Caldwell ends up next, if he ends up in another managerial position, can you imagine the delight if it was Morton after Hopkin gets the boot. 

I’m ITK and apparently Caldwell is doing some sort of coaching/scouting role for Villa Under 21’s.

11 hours ago, costa said:

I’m ITK and apparently Caldwell is doing some sort of coaching/scouting role for Villa Under 21’s.

To be fair, there hasn't been much criticism of him as a coach (quite the opposite); as a scout, the jury is out. He's brought in some appalling duds and crocks, but picked the odd decent  one too.

When it come to interpersonal skills, still a pound shop David Brent.

On an entirely different tack, we seem to still be struggling for strikers at present. Perhaps we could do worse than sign Goodwillie from our former tenants in January. Scored a decent amount with a team with mediocre result and sitting midtable.

Think how much that would annoy the Bully Wee Clyde! They were spitting feathers a few weeks ago when they thought we were bookies' favourite to steal Lennon!!

On an entirely different tack, we seem to still be struggling for strikers at present. Perhaps we could do worse than sign Goodwillie from our former tenants in January. Scored a decent amount with a team with mediocre result and sitting midtable.
Think how much that would annoy the Bully Wee Clyde! They were spitting feathers a few weeks ago when they thought we were bookies' favourite to steal Lennon!!
F*ck off, Semi.