The Partick Thistle thread

Obviously he scored today and wasn’t awful but I don’t get De Vita. No idea what position he’s (supposed to be) playing. Kakay looked very good today. Never want to see O’Ware in midfield again.

Pretty clear what McCall thinks of Mansell if he wouldn’t bring him on today.

8 minutes ago, JudgeMudge said:

Obviously he scored today and wasn’t awful but I don’t get De Vita. No idea what position he’s (supposed to be) playing. Kakay looked very good today. Never want to see O’Ware in midfield again.

Pretty clear what McCall thinks of Mansell if he wouldn’t bring him on today.

Tam O'Ware played very well in midfield today.  Gave us protection and physically that we have sorely missed .  

General observations:

Yes this Welsh outfit were a bunch of hammerthrower shits.

Yes our defence looked dodgy early on.

But, and I think this is important, for the first time since about 8-10 months before Archie was sacked it looked like we had a distinctive style of play tonight. Acceptable off the ball movement, purposeful passing (mostly) on the deck. More of this please.

Also interesting to see McCall in the stand first half.

He started doing this every week with us after spending a game off the touchline.

Don’t know why more managers don’t do it. There’s no way you can a good view from the touchline.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t know why more managers don’t do it. There’s no way you can a good view from the touchline.

Totally agree.

Did Walter Smith not do similar and leave the shouting and balling to his assistant (McCoist)?

I would imagine sitting up in the stands would give a better view to make any tactical tweaks at half time.

Millionaires look as tho they have walked away...guys who backed them weeks ago are now saying there 1st choice is beattie and the status quo....you couldn't make it up.....get colin weir back in and lets all work together....

28 minutes ago, IR1970 said:

Millionaires look as tho they have walked away...guys who backed them weeks ago are now saying there 1st choice is beattie and the status quo....you couldn't make it up.....get colin weir back in and lets all work together....

Where you getting this from?

15 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

He spent half of the first 45 minutes against QoS up there too.

As said, gives him a good vantage point and a chance to take notes. I see he uses an old fashioned paper and pen method for that...

Much better going forward against an albeit very limited side. A few sloppy mistakes from the defence as well but apart from the number 7 for CQN (Bakabe, I think?) they never looked like much of a threat outside of the opening 10 and the last 5. Said it last week in the match thread against Queens but christ Cardle is poor. He's lost all of the things that made him good at Dunfermline and retained all the infuriating parts.

Much better going forward against an albeit very limited side. A few sloppy mistakes from the defence as well but apart from the number 7 for CQN (Bakabe, I think?) they never looked like much of a threat outside of the opening 10 and the last 5. Said it last week in the match thread against Queens but christ Cardle is poor. He's lost all of the things that made him good at Dunfermline and retained all the infuriating parts.

Not sure I’d agree. Didn’t create many good chances. It’s not going to work relying on Miller like that.

2 hours ago, JudgeMudge said:

Not sure I’d agree. Didn’t create many good chances. It’s not going to work relying on Miller like that.

Just needs to work til January when McCall can get rid of Caldwell's dross and bring in some functioning attacking footballers.