The Partick Thistle thread

How was Abdul Osman for you guys? Short term deal with us. Please give us something positive. Bearing in mind we have Lewis Kidd and Michael Paton is he at least an upgrade?

If he can be bothered, he’ll be a massive upgrade on them.

If he’s still much more interested in selling hats to the Pogba family than being a footballer, then he’ll probably still be an upgrade but not by as much.

Edit: I should say this is more down to Lewis Kidd and Michael Paton being absolutely shite. Either way, Osman will probably still not be great.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

How was Abdul Osman for you guys? Short term deal with us. Please give us something positive. Bearing in mind we have Lewis Kidd and Michael Paton is he at least an upgrade?

Looks like you'll be pushing for the automatic relegation spot this season. 

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mostly excellent for us. The worrying thing for Queens should be his last 6 months with us, and everything he’s done since then, which seems to have been awful.

Was my favourite player for his first 3 years with us. Solid and bossed the midfield most weeks. Unfortunately was a shadow of his former self when he came back from injury - whether that was because of attitude and desire, or because the legs were gone am not sure. Bottom line .... He's not kicked a ball for 2 years now.
Could be a top signing, but on the other hand .... ?

Osman was excellent for us until his long term injury, which was unfortunate for everyone involved as we had to play Ryan Edwards and Adam Barton in midfield.

After he came back from injury he was a shadow of his former self and literally spent his time selling the jerseys...... hats, scarfs and trainers.

To sum up- he’ll be shite but you might get Retweets on the QoTs twitter account from Paul Pogba.

I really didn't see the attraction to Osman before his injury. Paton and Osborne before him were far better options. 

After his injury he was just playing at being a footballer. It was actually offensive watching him go through the motions, not giving a shit about the club, the manager, his team mates or the fans. 

I really didn't see the attraction to Osman before his injury. Paton and Osborne before him were far better options. 

After his injury he was just playing at being a footballer. It was actually offensive watching him go through the motions, not giving a shit about the club, the manager, his team mates or the fans. 

Osbourne was possibly a better option on those rare occasions when he was fit but Paton? Are you sure?

I've no issues with your second paragraph though.

Today highlighted how light we are up top. Miller and Zanatta have been good so far but had an off day. Cardle was poor again like he as been for most games this season. Gordon and De Vita offer nothing. Jones out injured for a while but didn’t look up to much. Mansell is nowhere near good enough. f**k knows what the script with Austin is.

January hurry up please.

The defence right now is an absolute disgrace, and I wouldn’t be surprised if McCall has replaced the whole lot of them by the start of next season. The fullbacks are shitebags, but it’s the CB’s I’m really bothered about, as they seem to be unable to do just about anything at a competent level. I think Saunders might be the best of the bunch, but that’s really not saying much, and his occasional howlers make him stand out more than the continually below average performances of the rest of them.

Theres only so long that O’Ware will be able to cling on to the ‘not fit after a long term injury’ excuse for his failings, and to me he just looks like a point-and-shout merchant who has shipped another goal today that he’ll probably be away blaming someone else for. He’s slow, his positioning is poor and he hasn’t offered anything in an attacking sense which was supposed to be a strength. An imposter.

That useless clown McGinty as our captain is the icing on the cake; pretty much the perfect summarisation of the mess that Gary Caldwell left us in. An aimless shambles of a player who is for some reason idolised in certain sections of our support. Get him and his post-match laps of honour so far to f**k.

Edited by Nightmare

17 hours ago, BillyAnchor said:

Seems to be less Mccall songs on facebook today. Good while it lasted all the same.

Our fans were abysmal today. Plenty of talk about songs (shudder) and the importance of a good atmosphere for McCall’s homecoming in the week leading up to the game. Yet most people turned up just expecting to be entertained. Little enthusiasm or encouragement for the team, even at 0-0. Moaning and groaning all afternoon and rounding on the players for any mis-placed pass. 

I found it increasingly difficult to ignore the sheer idiocy that was being spouted by those around me. “Inverness was a fluke”, “Cardle is terrible. What has he ever done?” “This is as bad as it was under Caldwell”. 

McCall has his work cut out, there’s no doubt about that. But he deserves much more from our support. Particularly at home.

1 hour ago, Hammer Jag said:

Our fans were abysmal today. Plenty of talk about songs (shudder) and the importance of a good atmosphere for McCall’s homecoming in the week leading up to the game. Yet most people turned up just expecting to be entertained. Little enthusiasm or encouragement for the team, even at 0-0. Moaning and groaning all afternoon and rounding on the players for any mis-placed pass. 

I found it increasingly difficult to ignore the sheer idiocy that was being spouted by those around me. “Inverness was a fluke”, “Cardle is terrible. What has he ever done?” “This is as bad as it was under Caldwell”. 

McCall has his work cut out, there’s no doubt about that. But he deserves much more from our support. Particularly at home.

Agreed, the atmosphere was flat, which was surprising, given it was McCalls return and the result last week. I think it boils down to the fact that we just don’t have any players that can get you off your seat in anticipation and the two that come closest to doing that, Cardle and Zanatta, were very poor yesterday

Edited by Sting777

Definitely a nervousness at Firhill. The abject league form backs that up.

I don't think the overall performance was that bad yesterday just as I don't think the performance last week was that great but it all comes down to results.

Not a bad thing that we've got a few away games coming up after the diddy cup game vs Connah's Quay. Maybe the team can win that and get the Firhill monkey off their back?

The team seems to lack leadership on the pitch. Caldwell addressed that somewhat with Anderson, Harkins and McDonald giving the team a bit of backbone.

Maybe O'Ware and Bannigan can step up over the coming games?

I'd maybe even have O'Ware step in front of the back four with Saunders coming back in.

Whatever Mr McCall has a big task on his hands over the next few months.

8 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

I'm not sure a lot of the fans really know how to do anything different.  I'm not expecting us to be a support full of happy clappers just mindlessly supporting every move, but for a lot of people going to Firhill seems to be where they go to get anger out, regardless of what happens.  My particular favourite is the collective booing on any remotely square or backwards pass.  Now I know that some of the time that's correct.  There's someone in a better position, and they take the safe option.  But a lot of the time they're doing it either because it is the best option, or because they're trying to work the ball around to create space.  I know that players should be able to rise above what the crowd is doing, but if they're playing a ball that they (and they're professional footballers) believe is the best one, for valid reasons, then I can't imagine it's going to feel great to hear the howls from the stands.  We have a definite limit to the talent in the squad, but it's clear they're massively bereft of any kind of confidence.