The Partick Thistle thread

5 hours ago, dave.j said:

Highlights from tonight's AGM include. 

This seasons budget had a 700k deficit which the old board planned to fund from the existing balance and a 300k loan. 

Last season we made 1milliion quid from parachute payment, hearts and eufa payments. We spunked the lot to basically break even and save ourselves from relegation on the final day. 

Thistle For Ever have not made a firm offer for the majority shares. Despite saying they have. All they have done is put forward a proposal. 

Despite being in attendance, TfE didn't ask a single question during the Q&A

I hear Goodwin got a bit of an owning from Jordanhill Jag. And he just sat there and took it. Lol.

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I'm glad that AGM has cleared things up...🤷‍♂️

I think it made a few things clearer.

Goodwin sat there and offered nothing when he had the chance to question the current regime or the consortium, or put forward something positive about TFE. Indeed, it looks like TFE’s “offer” is in fact nothing like an offer, and their claim to have bid for shares was a lie - so their big PR release on Tuesday evening was (as well as being appalling in timing) complete nonsense.

It also made clear that getting rid of the old board could be potentially massive for the club. People can say what they like about David Beattie, but he wouldn’t mortgage the future of the club on a charlatan like Gary Caldwell as the last group of jokers did. Another year with them and we’d have been hurtling towards oblivion.

Questions have to asked about this TFE non bid, their access to the media and the appalling timing of their declaration.

If they didn't have a solid proposal in place with proof of funding just What was the agenda here?

It surely can't just be the old board trying to undermine whatever feelgood factor was engendered by McCall's return in a fit of pique.      It couldn't just be that.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17930715.graeme-mcgarry-way-will-david-beattie-go-50-50-choice-partick-thistles-future/

This (from G McGarry two hours ago) claims that:

Another spanner was thrown into the works earlier this week when fans’ group Thistle For Ever, who had launched their own bid to gain a majority shareholding a couple of weeks back, made a formal offer to do just that backed up by the Euromillions cash of Weir.

Terrible journalism thread for this pish, or has a formal offer been made despite appearances at the AGM?

1 minute ago, VictorOnopko said:

I'd 10-2 agree though - as before that result in civilisation as we knew it, your team were known as Morton - and now you're known as Morten.

Hmmm, does constitute the end of civilisation as we know it, or was it Doolan scoring against you guys for Ayr United? One about as mortifying as the other for the fans concerned, but last time I checked the world was still turning.......   It’s only fitba’, it really ain’t that important.

13 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17930715.graeme-mcgarry-way-will-david-beattie-go-50-50-choice-partick-thistles-future/

This (from G McGarry two hours ago) claims that:

Another spanner was thrown into the works earlier this week when fans’ group Thistle For Ever, who had launched their own bid to gain a majority shareholding a couple of weeks back, made a formal offer to do just that backed up by the Euromillions cash of Weir.

Terrible journalism thread for this pish, or has a formal offer been made despite appearances at the AGM?

Tough one. Journalist with recent history of being lazy with the facts. Or chairmen misleading shareholders at an AGM. Its a tough call, that's for sure. 

2 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

Hmmm, does constitute the end of civilisation as we know it, or was it Doolan scoring against you guys for Ayr United? One about as mortifying as the other for the fans concerned, but last time I checked the world was still turning.......   It’s only fitba’, it really ain’t that important.

Not sure Doolan scoring against us was quite as mortifying as conceding 10 (ten) goals in getting relegated into the third tier must have been, or even in the same dimension of disastrousness and embarrassment, tbh. 

And yes, my post was intended humorously and I don't literally believe that a heavy defeat for Morton was the end of civilisation as we know it, thank you for clearing that up.

So a couple of questions from me

1. Does this rival bid basically read like Weir trying to get his pals back on the board, and holding his considerable wealth as a carrot to the stick of Jacqui Low?
  2. Am I the only one fucking appalled by the rubbish name?  Thistle Forever, surely, you fucks.

23 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

Not sure Doolan scoring against us was quite as mortifying as conceding 10 (ten) goals in getting relegated into the third tier must have been, or even in the same dimension of disastrousness and embarrassment, tbh. 

And yes, my post was intended humorously and I don't literally believe that a heavy defeat for Morton was the end of civilisation as we know it, thank you for clearing that up.

You’re more than welcome.  

Carry on.