The Partick Thistle thread

On 21/09/2019 at 21:00, Dele said:

Why do you guys get called "Maryhill Magyars"? 

I read "Magyar" in a few usernames and just heard somebody on SportSound call you it. 

At one time, Hungary was one of the world's leading football nations - perhaps much as so many aspired to be like Brazil (until the German 7-1 demolition), Hungary was an example to follow.

https://www.hungarianfootball.com/category/history/

33 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

£15 for adults in a competition where it's on free to air TV and a team that'll bring no fans emoji849.png

Assume that's for the Connie's Key Numpties (Christ...) game?  I'm quite looking forward to it in a way.  Not really looking forward to seeing our shitebag team come up against such a dirty bunch though.

There was an inevitability about McCall returning to Thistle. It's a little sore I think given the start to the season we've made but only the hard of thinking could do anything other than wish McCall well. The work he has done on and off the park for Ayr over the past 5 years has been substantial. He's left us in a far, far better place than when he took over which is unusual for a departing Ayr manager!

I imagine he will do likewise at Partick given time and resources.

All quiet. I am pleased that Ian's making a return to Firhill and hope he's a big success.

I reckon/ am hoping the delay confirming his return is because someone at Firhill is asking if Archibald's return in any capacity other than janitorial isn't a fucking joke.

Ayr announced last night that McCall was wanting to join us but we’ve not heard a peep from the club all day. I reckon it’s not happening. Hope I’m wrong though.

He’s already made a statement on the website and to the papers that he’s left us so if you don’t get the deal done he’s out of a job.

I think it’s more likely to be the compensation for Neil Scally that’s holding it up. He wasn’t on a monthly rolling deal like McCall.

2 minutes ago, Reid said:

Ayr announced last night that McCall was wanting to join us but we’ve not heard a peep from the club all day. I reckon it’s not happening. Hope I’m wrong though.

I know it would be classic Thistle, but he's already got permission to join us.  The compensation is a point that can be ironed out down the line and doesn't stop the deal. 

He has left Ayr early this afternoon after saying his goodbyes, press conference at Firhill within next hour , it is all signed sealed and delivered 

He’s already made a statement on the website and to the papers that he’s left us so if you don’t get the deal done he’s out of a job.

I think it’s more likely to be the compensation for Neil Scally that’s holding it up. He wasn’t on a monthly rolling deal like McCall.

Still wouldn’t be surprised if it fell through. Would be classic Thistle and classic Gerry Britton.