The Partick Thistle thread

Absolutely fantastic news, delighted. 

This will sound patronising, I can assure you it isn’t meant to, but I genuinely feel gutted for Ayr. I know how I felt when Utd came in for McNamara, yet it ended up being a blessing in disguise. No reason why this cannot be the case for Ayr.

This goes a long way to making up for the utterly devastating news that we were unable to procure the services of our number one target - Danny Lennon. *

*said no Thistle fan, ever.

Said on our thread that I'm kind of glad for McCall as a perso, he's exercised some demons and things have come full circle for him. Did a lot for Ayr, we did a lot for him. Would have been better had this happened in the summer but that's football.

Hope you get pumped though.

Glad to get our #1 target over the line...

I was leaning more towards Lennon as a personal preference, but really can’t argue with the work McCall has done at this level. Seems like he’s a better manager and a better person than when he was last with us.

Hopefully we can fluke a few results up until the window and then he can try and sort out this mess.

I think this is good, I originally wanted a completely fresh start before yesterday but I think the game yesterday showed we need a proven manager and McCall at this level is exactly that as well as being someone I'd imagine 90% + of the support will be behind (until we're 2-0 down away to Inverness after 20 minutes). 

The change from when he took over the first time after Campbell was a breath of fresh air and while he doesn't have an immediate transfer window to work with this time I'm confident he'll get the best out of the players that are here.

Clyde fans can also stop thrashing their maggots now that we got our first choice, was nice of them to have something to celebrate over us considering the last time they beat us Michael Jackson was still alive.

Hints of Steve Bruce joining Newcastle, this.

Manager too blinded by his love of a club to notice the massive, glowing, warning signs flashing above the door.

Very good news. Think for all the talk of us having a solid squad that we'll really just need to graft out a few results to get us out of the shite until January.

I've a feeling we'll switch to a 3-5-2 soon, did it in his last spell to decent effect and might be whats needed to get us competing.

Is Archibald confirmed as assistant, or is it Scally, can't find it anywhere? Think there's a solid chance Archibald will end up at Ayr if he's not McCall's assistant.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hints of Steve Bruce joining Newcastle, this.

Manager too blinded by his love of a club to notice the massive, glowing, warning signs flashing above the door.

Bore off. Thank you ❤️💛

21 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Ian McCall totally transformed our club and I think you are getting a better man than he was when he left you guys last time I hope he exercises that black spot in his past. All the best Ian and thanks for some great memories.

The club statement from your board is top class. It must be very disappointing to lose your manager after a great start to the season.

Just now, Bishop Briggs said:

That's a bit rich coming from a Saints fan atm. 😂😂

We're bottom of the league by a point, after six games, having played at Celtic Park, Pittodrie, Easter Road and Kilamrnock and Rangers at home. If you can count, that's five of last seasons top six sides.

Dont need to worry about us yet m8, you enjoy your relegation battle this season though.