The Partick Thistle thread

26 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Jerking himself off with stats which amount to “well we beat Clyde and Queen’s Park”.

I’m hoping we get a similar sort of uplifting atmosphere to what we got against Hamilton following Lambie’s passing. The fans really helped drag the team over the line that day. I’m actually gutted I can’t make the game today. Walking out of Gayfield last Friday, I’d have been happy never to attend again.

We haven’t kicked a ball since beating Motherwell to secure top 6 in 2017. The rot stops today.

42 minutes ago, BdenJag said:

McCall’s Ayr Utd are 4-0 up at half time. Are there honestly any fans that wouldn’t want him as our manager?

Yep there’s a few idiots on Facebook that say no because he hasn’t won the championship. Apparently Falkirk doesn’t count according to them because it was john Hughes in charge when they officially won 🤨

I’m hoping we get a similar sort of uplifting atmosphere to what we got against Hamilton following Lambie’s passing. The fans really helped drag the team over the line that day. I’m actually gutted I can’t make the game today. Walking out of Gayfield last Friday, I’d have been happy never to attend again.
We haven’t kicked a ball since beating Motherwell to secure top 6 in 2017. The rot stops today.

Deeply, deeply savoury.

c57e3948-9f2f-4d4a-ba19-eacc096bdc44.jpg

Just hearing on the radio that Partick have approached McCall. And Alan Archibald has been offered the number 2 role.*

Why would McCall take the Partick job though? Partick aren't a 'bigger' club than Ayr just now. He has a loyalty to Ayr as well. In addition Ayr are simply a better team just now. His job is secure and it looks like he could definitely challenge for the playoffs again. If he takes it and Partick are still struggling at the bottom in February/March time will he get the punt again?

Think it would be a daft move for McCall to take it. Not saying he won't if he's offered it though.

*A Chick Young exclusive mind, so could be utter shite.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Just hearing on the radio that Partick have approached McCall. And Alan Archibald has been offered the number 2 role.

Why would McCall take the Partick job though? Partick aren't a 'bigger' club than Ayr just now. He has a loyalty to Ayr as well. In addition Ayr are simply a better team just now. His job is secure and it looks like he could definitely challenge for the playoffs again.

Think it would be a daft move for McCall to take it. Not saying he won't if he's offered it though.

Must be true if Chic Young says it is.

I do think McCall will be boss but now I'm beginning to doubt it.

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just hearing on the radio that Partick have approached McCall. And Alan Archibald has been offered the number 2 role.*

Why would McCall take the Partick job though? Partick aren't a 'bigger' club than Ayr just now. He has a loyalty to Ayr as well. In addition Ayr are simply a better team just now. His job is secure and it looks like he could definitely challenge for the playoffs again. If he takes it and Partick are still struggling at the bottom in February/March time will he get the punt again?

^^^ wants McCall back at the Pars

Its not shite. I was told this from a friend of McCalls earlier today though there maybe a problem with his Ayr contract. The club expect a new manager in early next week. Methinks it’s his  if an agreement can be arranged.

Edited by Sting777

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Thistle needs Ayr's permission to speak to McCall. Ayr, given their great start to the season, would be mad to give it. 

Chick Dung is full of crap and this is probably another example.

2 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Thistle needs Ayr's permission to speak to McCall. Ayr, given their great start to the season, would be mad to give it. 

I assume McCall could just resign! It’s the job that he wants and he has made no secret of this. 

Cameron said last season when Falkirk came in that he wouldn’t stand in McCalls way.

Doesn’t bode well for us tbh.

8 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

There's were rumours last season that he didn't have a contract with us last season. If that is still the case then I'll doubt you'll need permission.