The Partick Thistle thread

10 hours ago, sydney said:

If Danny Lennon goes to Partick, the first signing he’ll want to make is Goodwillie. Made him his captain. Get the cheque book out for both please. Oh wait, you’ve no money.

If we want your manager, we’ll have him. If we want any of your players, we’ll have them.

I don’t think we need to worry about the beast, though. He’s already at the only club in Scottish football desperate and tragic enough to tolerate him.

Adams is an utter arsehole though. Also his RC team played  brutal football iirc.

They absolutely didn’t.

I’d take Adams back in a heartbeat, although I accept that both parties have rightfully moved on. Partick Thistle could do far, far worse.

They absolutely didn’t.

I’d take Adams back in a heartbeat, although I accept that both parties have rightfully moved on. Partick Thistle could do far, far worse.

Adams is certainly one of those who have been quoted that I'd have no problem with.

Also, imagine the surge in sales of half season tickets at Christmas.

27 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

They absolutely didn’t.

They did at times though.  In the 'invincibles' season County played 9 men behind the ball at Firhill, compacted the space in the two lines of four so Erskine couldn't influence and deliberately hit Thistle against the run of play.  Both times.  And outplayed them comprehensively in Dingwall (albeit one match ended 2-2 with Gary Miller taking a red card and conceding a pen to let them back into it).  At Plymouth, Adams wasn't against shitfesting a match and winding up the opposition manager by claiming to have played the better football.

Adams is a fine manager in many respects, but his aloof man-management style with players and WUMmery to everyone outside the club is an acquired taste.

They did at times though.  In the 'invincibles' season County played 9 men behind the ball at Firhill, compacted the space in the two lines of four so Erskine couldn't influence and deliberately hit Thistle against the run of play.  Both times.  And outplayed them comprehensively in Dingwall (albeit one match ended 2-2 with Gary Miller taking a red card and conceding a pen to let them back into it).  At Plymouth, Adams wasn't against shitfesting a match and winding up the opposition manager by claiming to have played the better football.
Adams is a fine manager in many respects, but his aloof man-management style with players and WUMmery to everyone outside the club is an acquired taste.

That’s hardly the same.

It’s not as if they played Craig Levein style long ball crap.

Adams would probably be a safe appointment but he seems to have a personality and ego similar to Caldwell. We need someone who the fans would support from the start which is why Lennon and McCall are the clear favourites.

5 hours ago, Sting777 said:

I love Chic but I hope this isn’t what the board are thinking!!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/partick-thistle-manager-hunt-latest-20092656

Basically the same c&p job that gets trotted out every time we have a management vacancy.

It’s maybe a sign of just how bad Caldwell was, but I wouldn’t be totally against Duffy. We could definitely do much better, though.

An out of work manager until the end of season for us might be a good scenario. I really don't want to see a repeat of giving a zoomer like Caldwell a long term contract. 

Would also be nice to have a likeable manager and Derek Adams doesn't really fit the bill of that. 

16 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Ha, ha. I just looked it up and it is a quality read. Well played Ray.

That said, there is a small gap in his employment history that does not appear to have been accounted for. 

Just an admin error, I’m sure.

🤣 Is that genuinely his? Or has someone done a profile for him.

I wonder if Gary's had any fiver donations to the homeless knocked back since we punted him?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/partick_thistle/3299025.stm
I thought Chick Young being an embarassing, slevering old bawbag was a recent thing, like age taking it's toll or something. Turns out I was wrong.

I wonder if Gary's had any fiver donations to the homeless knocked back since we punted him?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/partick_thistle/3299025.stm
Always nice to be reminded of what a collosal p***k Chick Young is.

Of those 14 games GC was in charge for Thistle won one. On penalties. Against Third Division Peterhead.

He also wanted his players to get paid a win bonus for a match at Kilmarnock that we lost.

It's say much about the standard of manager that we've had that Caldwell can't be considered to be any where near our worst.

McVeigh
Johnstone
Bryce
Collins
Rooney

Shudder

8 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Of those 14 games GC was in charge for Thistle won one. On penalties. Against Third Division Peterhead.

He also wanted his players to get paid a win bonus for a match at Kilmarnock that we lost.

It's say much about the standard of manager that we've had that Caldwell can't be considered to be any where near our worst.

McVeigh
Johnstone
Bryce
Collins
Rooney

Shudder

Indeed.  Also looks like we should avoid managers with the initials GC for the rest of time...  Thistle Board/Nest of Vipers, please take note!

17 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

McVeigh
Johnstone
Bryce
Collins
Rooney

Shudder

MacCleod

6 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
16 hours ago, Reid said:

Not a chance we’d sign Goodwellie because (a) he is a rapist and (b) isn’t better than our main striker.

He was never found guilty of rape

Apart from the civil court finding it proven that he raped that woman. He's a disgusting beast of the highest order, so no shock that Clyde fans love him.

11 minutes ago, weetoonlad said:
16 hours ago, Reid said:

Not a chance we’d sign Goodwellie because (a) he is a rapist and (b) isn’t better than our main striker.

He was never found guilty of rape

He was found, on the balance of probabilities, to have committed rape, which in addition to being a crime is a civil wrong. Just because he wasn’t found, beyond reasonable doubt by a criminal court, to have done the act in question, doesn’t mean he isn’t a rapist.

And he is a rapist. And if he, his legal representatives or anyone else for that matter wants to sue me for saying so, I’m happy to provide the necessary contact details for the serving of court papers in any defamation law suit, in any jurisdiction of any country, before any court.