The Partick Thistle thread

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Your second sentence (Good to see Caldwell is preparing the squad with the relevant experience.) reeks of negative sarcasm. Hardly supportive! 

Cool mate, bit of a joke like a few other people have posted, looking forward to your posts having a go at them as well 👍

I go to quite a few Brentford games, while I've never seen Reece Cole play he's always been someone who seems highly rated by other Brentford fans, go back a year or two ago and people were tipping him to break into the first team in a big way. 

He's played allot for the B team and he always seemed to be scoring, also can hit a decent free kick. 

Scores a free kick near the end there, I genuinely think it'll turn out to be a good signing for you.

Edited by Grant228

11 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

I was a Brentford season ticket holder last season, and as previously mentioned Cole is very highly thought of by the fans at the club. He looked good in the small glimpses I seen of him last season and should be a good signing.

Do you still go to games? 

24 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Even with a competent manager, we’re desperate for a reliable DM.

As soon as Osman was more interested in his shit clothing brand, we’ve not had a decent DM. 

Is he still going about trying to promote that rubbish? Seem to recall him hanging out regularly with the Pogbas and getting them to put on his clobber 

6 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Is he still going about trying to promote that rubbish? Seem to recall him hanging out regularly with the Pogbas and getting them to put on his clobber 

Don’t know/ don’t care 🤷‍♂️ Just using that to highlight how long it’s been since we had a non-shit DM..

So that’s GC played his final hand. We’re going with one experienced striker who knows where the goal is. If Miller gets a long term injury/when his hip goes, we’re well and truly gubbed. 

A squad of journeymen, inexperienced lower league players and duds.

We’ve been here before. 

The sooner GC is gone the better.

20 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

So that’s GC played his final hand. We’re going with one experienced striker who knows where the goal is. If Miller gets a long term injury/when his hip goes, we’re well and truly gubbed. 

We’ve been here before. 

Did Archie not get us top six with a squad of journeymen and inexperienced lower league players? 

42 minutes ago, Midlife Crisis said:

We’ve been here before. 

To be honest, I have to agree.  I was impressed with Caldwell in the January window, and I was interested to see what he could do with a full pre-season and window.  He started out all right, but whatever has happened, whether that's behind the scenes or with him just not knowing who to get, it hasn't been great.

But at this stage, do you punt him immediately and saddle a new manager with a squad he can only just not change, or do you give more time in the hope that it can't get any worse?  For what it's worth, I think we'll probably nick an undeserved win in the league soon, then put in a heroic but ultimately pointless performance against Celtic with a late 1-0 defeat.  

But if we do punt him, then there's got to be a bit more than just appointing a new guy.  That's two managers running now that have built a squad that, simply put, are a bunch of absolute shitebags.  Caldwell and Archibald aren't exactly carbon copies of each other, so would we just be putting a moderately attractive head on a fucking ugly body again?

Edited by forameus

Ignoring this likely being a new attempt at getting back into power by some of the characters recently removed, I’m pretty skeptical about fan ownership at Thistle in general.

In the last two years we’ve basically fought over everything as a fanbase and are in a perpetual state of civil war. Archie in/out, Caldwell in/out, takeover/no takeover - we can’t decide on anything. We also have far too many people who embrace the cuddly toy image and have no ambition whatsoever; just happy to have a club to support and not be either of ‘them’. No thanks.