The Partick Thistle thread

200-300.

The rumour going about now is Bannigan to Ayr, O’Ware to Morton and Penrice to Killie.
Last thing we need is another central midfielder even if Murdoch is out for a while we have cover, O'Ware I'd take in a heart beat but according to McCall we won't be making any more signings until January.

We don’t want or need Bannigan

Yup

Looking at our team where would play him? Docherty is captain and has been remarkably solid for us this season. I also can’t look past Kelly and Murdoch as the two midfielders either side of him. And with Kerr you’ve got a guy that could probably start for a lot of the other teams in this league.

Add in Geggan, Adams and Bell who will probably end up in there either as cover or when we’re trying to close a game out and we’ve got a plethora of options in midfield.

I’d far rather we tried to get O’Ware. Adams has been good so far but will inevitably get injured as will Bell who I’m not sure on this season. Muirhead is ok and Roscoe has a lot of learning. We’ve got plenty of numbers at CB but I’d say O’Ware is better than all of them besides Adams.

4 hours ago, third lanark said:

Do Ayr not have one of the largest squads in the division? Might be after the rangers lad they signed this week their budget was used up

Squad of 25 players and 21 referees. 

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Going by Wikipedia, he appears to have been on loan at Yeovil and lasted less than a month before they cancelled it.

So yeah, very excited.

Apparently Brentford cancelled it as he wasn't going to get into the Yeovil team. A Yeovil team that would be relegated from the Football League.

A very 'Hartley at Falkirk' kind of signing.

A very Alan Archibald type of signing, I would say.  The difference is that AA had us in about 7th when he was - correctly - given his jotters.  Caldwell has since built his own team and guided us to dead last in the league.   If we have to sink to losing to Montrose and Arbroath in a seaside double header to get rid of this utter charlatan, then so be it.

21 minutes ago, thistledo said:

He was part of the Macclesfield team that avoided relegation from League 2 last season... Good to see Caldwell is preparing the squad with the relevant experience 😐

As was Brice Ntambwe who joined them after we terminated his deal in January. He signed a one-year extension in the summer.

Cole seems to be lower League Two/National League standard. That's probably what we can afford atm so give the lad a chance before writing him off. 

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

As was Brice Ntambwe who joined them after we terminated his deal in January. He signed a one-year extension in the summer.

Cole seems to be lower League Two/National League standard. That's probably what we can afford atm so give the lad a chance before writing him off. 

Where in my post have I "written him off"