The Partick Thistle thread

44 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

I heard today Stuart Brannigan was signing for Dundee United. Third hand information..

surely a load of shite eh.
Captain, CM I believe?

we don’t need anymore in that area.

Would be delighted to see him dallying about in someone else’s midfield.

7 hours ago, third lanark said:

Our squad size is not fine - technically we had upfront Storey, Doolan, McDonald, Roy and mansell up front- now we have only miller mansell and jones - so we are light - I agree mansell and jones look rubbish but we are still short on strikers. Being pedantic but we technically had 3 goalkeepers but now we have 2 - not that we need a third but thought that would have freed up a wage for elsewhere 

How many strikers do you think everyone else has?

49 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

How many strikers do you think everyone else has?

Do you not have more than 3? Certainly compared to the number we had last year we have downsized and not just because jones and mansell seem completely incapable of scoring 

31 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

On paper Zanatta would be a pretty good signing. 

A TWO YEAR deal? 👀👀👀🤔

Well f**k me sideways!!!

They are obviously using the Celtic money to fund these signings, which in fairness to the board, they stated that they would do if we had a cup run. . Zanatta, strikes me as more of a  winger, but he is pacy and looked good against us for Alloa last season. Wonder if this means Austin is crocked for the foreseeable future!

Edited by Sting777

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

They are obviously using the Celtic money to fund these signings, which in fairness to the board, they stated that they would do if we had a cup run. . Zanatta, strikes me as more of a  winger, but he is pacy and looked good against us for Alloa last season. Wonder if this means Austin is crocked for the foreseeable future!

Hopefully Mitch isn’t crocked for two years? 🤔

Then again you never know...🤷🏾‍♂️

36 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Hopefully Mitch isn’t crocked for two years? 🤔

Then again you never know...🤷🏾‍♂️

We have had our share of long term injuries over the last few years. Dumbaya, Osman, Slater, Elliot, Bannigan, McCarthy just to name a few and of course the mysterious Coulibaly situation. Lets hope Mitch isn’t joining that list!!

Don’t think Austin’s injured. Was apparently just a tidy up surgery he was in for. Should be playing over the next few weeks according to Kerr.

Zanatta should be a good signing.

2 hours ago, Reid said:

Don’t think Austin’s injured. Was apparently just a tidy up surgery he was in for. Should be playing over the next few weeks according to Kerr.

Zanatta should be a good signing.

If we accommodate Austin and Zanatta in the same side, at long last we will have some serious pace up front!

Compared to other teams, with the exception of the Dundee teams, our squad size is absolutely fine. Having five strikers last year was too many, and a fat lot of good it did us anyway! 

Our squad is small.