The Partick Thistle thread

Do we have any idea how long the SFA etc. take to make a decision on the legality of the proposed takeover?

I cannot take many more days/weeks/months/years, (delete as appropriate), of this seeming endless stream of uninformed speculation.

Just now, Big Dan said:

Do we have any idea how long the SFA etc. take to make a decision on the legality of the proposed takeover?

I cannot take many more days/weeks/months/years, (delete as appropriate), of this seeming endless stream of uninformed speculation.

I'm the opposite. Im hoping this will last another 6 or 7 weeks. 

Far more entertaining than the pish served up on the pitch. Maybe by that time Caldwell will be out the door.

36 minutes ago, dave.j said:

I'm the opposite. Im hoping this will last another 6 or 7 weeks. 

Far more entertaining than the pish served up on the pitch. Maybe by that time Caldwell will be out the door.

This Caldwell thing you have.     Is it purely because Doolan was released?

To my mind the team,  squad and overall performances are an improvement on what he inherited from Archibald

2 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

This Caldwell thing you have.     Is it purely because Doolan was released?

To my mind the team,  squad and overall performances are an improvement on what he inherited from Archibald

Nope, i just find his brand of football absolutely terrible to watch. i can't take to him as a person, i think he's a snake oil salesman. he failed at the objectives he was given and shouldn't be here. amongst other things.

1 minute ago, dave.j said:

Nope, i just find his brand of football absolutely terrible to watch. i can't take to him as a person, i think he's a snake oil salesman. he failed at the objectives he was given and shouldn't be here. amongst other things.

He has lost what 5 games in total in 2019 including hearts - not really the type of run that gives a club an excuse to give someone their jotters.

as for the snake oil salesman, no idea what he is like as a person never met him - I presume you have met him. He seems keen to rid the club of the cuddly toy image which for me is a good start

9 minutes ago, third lanark said:

He has lost what 5 games in total in 2019 including hearts - not really the type of run that gives a club an excuse to give someone their jotters.

as for the snake oil salesman, no idea what he is like as a person never met him - I presume you have met him. He seems keen to rid the club of the cuddly toy image which for me is a good start

Was very impressed by him at the two meet the manager nights and believe it or not he does have a sense of humour! In saying that, if the takeover goes ahead I think he will be out the door.

Edited by Sting777

12 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I'll be honest with you, i can't face going through another tit for tat round in circle this n that discussion with anyone on Gary Caldwell. 

sorry. 

While Caldwell is obviously not everyone's cup of tea and has signed a few experienced players, I am not sure why he wouldn't fit under the potential new owners. 

Transfermarkt shows a squad of 20 players with an average age of 25.9

Of those 10 are under 25

A further 4 are under 27

Maybe signings like Miller & Harkins wouldn't be made going forward, but apart from that I feel that Caldwell could adapt to what the new owners would want. He does come across well at the Meet the Manager events, and explains his methods convincingly, although the Alloa result was a poor start to the season.

Ahead of Saturday’s open day there has been a change to the schedule with members of the board now taking part in a Q&A session at the end of the afternoon. As such the running order will be:

11:00 – Stadium opens

11:30 – First team training

12:00 – Partick Thistle Women and Partick Thistle Charitable Trust projects

13:00 – Signing Session

13:45 – Fans Trust meeting

14:00 – Q&A with Gary Caldwell

14:30 – Meet the board

10 minutes ago, dougie247 said:

Ahead of Saturday’s open day there has been a change to the schedule with members of the board now taking part in a Q&A session at the end of the afternoon. As such the running order will be:

11:00 – Stadium opens

11:30 – First team training

12:00 – Partick Thistle Women and Partick Thistle Charitable Trust projects

13:00 – Signing Session

13:45 – Fans Trust meeting

14:00 – Q&A with Gary Caldwell

14:30 – Meet the board

Well this should be interesting to say the least. That should boost attendance on Saturday, certainly from 2.00pm onwards!!

17 minutes ago, professor challenger said:

Don't see why the Meet the Board section of the day would be restored unless they have a definite announcement to make on the club's future.      Can't see them just turning up to be grilled and only able to respond with meaningless platitudes.

Probably feel its better to front up and try to control the situation. 

People usually give you more benefit of the doubt if you're looking them in the eye. 

Simply speaking, is it a case the we had someone worth £155million, willing to invest in our youth development.....

And we now have the opportunity to partner up with a billionaire who is willing to invest in the whole club?

Is it as simple of a decision as that??

28 minutes ago, Public menace said:

Simply speaking, is it a case the we had someone worth £155million, willing to invest in our youth development.....

And we now have the opportunity to partner up with a billionaire who is willing to invest in the whole club?

Is it as simple of a decision as that??

Dont think so!!!