The Partick Thistle thread

6 hours ago, montreal_exile said:

Does Jagzone hide all the scores?

Yeah. The highlights are decent but the other side of the coin I guess is that every other team in the league last year except Dundee United put out a broadly comparable, if a few minutes shorter, highlights package for free. Not sure about Dundee or Arbroath this season. Certainly nothing else on it of interest. 

Grant Tierney was an absolute tank who had a penchant for scoring own goals, losing contact lenses and owning Mark Hateley any time we played the currants. 

I think he might also have scored the most stiff legged overhead kick in a messy defeat away to Hibs one year, boxing day game? 

Championship betting (Skybet)

Dundee Und 15/8

Dundee 10/3

Jags 5/1

ICT 8/1

Dunfermline 9/1

Ayr 10/1

Morton 14/1

QOTS 25/1

Arbroath 33/1

Alloa 40/1

We have been getting better with every game and  Cardle, Austin (hopefully) Robson and Williamson  will create plenty. Defence still needs working on and we still lack an out and out hit man but things are looking promising. Skybets top 4 are the teams I thought would fight it out this season. Dark horse for me would be Morton but only because Hopkin has a track record. Roll on Alloa on Saturday!!

4 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Championship betting (Skybet)

Dundee Und 15/8

Dundee 10/3

Jags 5/1

ICT 8/1

Dunfermline 9/1

Ayr 10/1

Morton 14/1

QOTS 25/1

Arbroath 33/1

Alloa 40/1

We have been getting better with every game and  Cardle, Austin (hopefully) Robson and Williamson  will create plenty. Defence still needs working on and we still lack an out and out hit man but things are looking promising. Skybets top 4 are the teams I thought would fight it out this season. Dark horse for me would be Morton but only because Hopkin has a track record. Roll on Alloa on Saturday!!

We are still to light in most positions, RB , Midfidld, Striker and Defence1 × CB 

Not a great money spinner, but a tie that would indicate any progress within the squad.
It also gives Scott Fox the opportunity to piss off at least one set of supporters.

Hello, fellow kids.

Not long ago this would have been a relegation dog fight.

On 26/07/2019 at 20:56, Virtual Insanity said:

Not going to make as many games as I'd like this year so actually contemplating signing up for Jagzone. Is it any good? 

I've used it for the past five seasons as I live overseas. (And buy a season ticket for other people to use.) It was a good package in the top flight. The audio is alright and the highlights are enough. There are much worse ways to below less than a tenner on football.

31 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

Right, anyone heard anything about any new signings? Hoping Caldwell isn't repeating Archie's mistakes and end up signing dross as there's no one left

Fox, Sneddon, Williamson, Saunders, O'Ware, McGinty, Penrice, Robson, Bannigan, Palmer, Harkins, Slater, Wilson, Gordon, Cardle, Da Vita, Austin, Millar, Mansell, Jones - assuming Wilson doesn't go out on loan, we're probably looking at just two more in. Right-sided defender and either an attacking midfielder or striker looks like the most likely additions.

No idea who it would be, though. Loan deals might be the most likely.

Jack Henry from Celtic (for the laughs) and some undiscovered diamond from the English lower leagues who'll score 20+... please?

We're 5 or 6 players better off than we were this time last season depending on whether you count Wilson as a full member of the first team squad (he's 20 now so I do). Even with Harkins and Slater injured we should be able to put out a full bench of first team players on Saturday. 

I'd be surprised if we hadn't used our full allocation of 4 Scottish loans by the end of the window. 

Votes as of right now:

Cyril the Swan - 2705

Super Pepino - 4464

Boiler Man - 5296

Kingsley - 6302

Grayou - 6158

Palmerin - 3419

He's got the most votes out of any of them in the group stages so Kingsley and Grayou are worth a bet. Metz fans seem to be right behind voting for Grayou.