The Partick Thistle thread

15 hours ago, velo army said:

My fear is that we end up run by people whose efforts are expended in the interests of Nice and Barnsley and where the needs of Partick Thistle come a distant third. The term "feeder club" really ought to be sounding far more alarm bells on this forum than it seems to be at the moment. 

There have been charlatans in CEO chairs at clubs throughout recent Scottish Football history, too many that we should fall for another. 

Well, I believe that the Ineos looney has acquired Nice, leaving a Barnsley/Thistle portfolio. Would they (NewCity) have a larger fish in mind? Who knows?

Alarm bells or not, there seems to be zip that can be done about the prospective owner's plans for Thistle, but I suggest they won't set out to maintain a club that yo-yos between the top six of the top flight and the arse end of the second tier if they want a shop window for talent.

5 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

Well, I believe that the Ineos looney has acquired Nice, leaving a Barnsley/Thistle portfolio. Would they (NewCity) have a larger fish in mind? Who knows?

Alarm bells or not, there seems to be zip that can be done about the prospective owner's plans for Thistle, but I suggest they won't set out to maintain a club that yo-yos between the top six of the top flight and the arse end of the second tier if they want a shop window for talent.

I agree. The yo-yo-ing must stop and I see the takeover as the perfect remedy for that. Investment in the club = better players=success.

And if someone makes some money at the same time so be it.

Watched the highlights from last night. It looked a really scrappy game, and I know it’s early days and these LC fixtures have a preseason feel about them, but we don’t look very convincing so far. Defensive positioning all over the place, losing the ball easily in midfield, and not much of a presence up front either. 

One positive though, based on his limited showing so far, has been Cammy Palmer. Feels like he could be an important signing this season, as despite his size, he really puts himself about and feels like a bit of a presence in the middle. Could well be that it’s only been against Airdrie and QP so far, mind you.

22 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Watched the highlights from last night. It looked a really scrappy game, and I know it’s early days and these LC fixtures have a preseason feel about them, but we don’t look very convincing so far. Defensive positioning all over the place, losing the ball easily in midfield, and not much of a presence up front either. 

One positive though, based on his limited showing so far, has been Cammy Palmer. Feels like he could be an important signing this season, as despite his size, he really puts himself about and feels like a bit of a presence in the middle. Could well be that it’s only been against Airdrie and QP so far, mind you.

Haven’t watched the highlights but I was at the game and Palmer was absolutely anonymous. I would be amazed if he’s a regular starter this year. 

38 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

Haven’t watched the highlights but I was at the game and Palmer was absolutely anonymous. I would be amazed if he’s a regular starter this year. 

Fair enough - wasn’t there last night. I thought he played well when he came on and was up against Nat Wedderburn vs Airdrie, and the highlights from last night showed him put in a couple of challenges, so I assumed that he had carried on from Saturday’s performance.

Midfield will be very lightweight if he’s not up to it. No imposing figures at all.

Look after him please. 

Get him fit and he’ll do a great job for you guys, still very classy on the ball.

Played wing back for us for a spell and done a good job defensively as-well as offensively, but I’d say winger or just off the front man would be his best position. 

23 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Played wing back for us for a spell and done a good job defensively as-well as offensively, but I’d say winger or just off the front man would be his best position. 

Which side? I think we're needing a right wing-back as competition for Williamson, so if he's able to cover there then that'd be a bonus.

Happy with the signing but we still need to add pace to our midfield/attack.

13 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Just thinking, on the day of the last meet the manager we announced 2 new signings which had presumably been done a few days earlier, there's another meet the manager tomorrow.  

😏 

Share the concerns about a lack of both height and pace in the midfield and attack.