The Partick Thistle thread

Dorrans v Peterhead.

Boab McCulloch hit an absolute screamer of a free kick but I can’t remember who it was against. I mean I know he did it quite a few times but one stands out as an absolute rocket. 

O’Donnell and Forbes’ goals against Dunfermline in the 5-1.

Edited by Slacker

13 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Dorrans v Peterhead.

Boab McCulloch hit an absolute screamer of a free kick but I can’t remember who it was against. I mean I know he did it quite a few times but one stands out as an absolute rocket. 

O’Donnell and Forbes’ goals against Dunfermline in the 5-1.

Horrible night v Peterhead, lit up by Dorrans' goal.

Boab - what a free kick taker 😍

26 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I think it might have been the Morton one, given that was quite a big game that season.

It was mental how there was zero finesse, zero disguise, just "I'm going to hit this as hard as I can at the goalie's side corner and not bother with the wall" yet every goalie took a step behind the wall just in case he suddenly decided to chip one over the wall.

13 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

He's been a pretty shit manager, truth be told.

Booted out club legends because he perceived them as a threat, rather than try to work with them and develop a different role for them at the club.

Finished a mediocre position after significant finances given to strengthen the squad. Completely and utterly failed to develop Archie's squad in the interim.

Also just a bit of an arse.

Sacked from 2 jobs in a row consecutively.

Erskine's winner in the promotion season against Airdrie.

Nothing happened all game and then he steps up with magic that cracks the bar.

Sent me into delirium, had no expectations of anything happening and a piece of magic appears.

Peak Erskine moments are impossible to translate to non thistle fans

Edited by SteelJag

45 minutes ago, colliedug said:

a bit further back guys but i always loved Bobby Law's goal v Hamilton IIRC John Lambies first game back after going to Hamilton but what a screamer it was cos he didn't score that many in his long career with us

Was just going to mention that one as well!

28 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

I remember Derek Fleming scoring from about 40 yards into the top corner at firhill at the bing end, can't remember the opposition though

I think that might have been against Arbroath. I'm sure Paul Walker scored a belter that day too.

Edited by Firhill_Basin