The Partick Thistle thread

39 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

He didn’t say they were “forcibly removed”. Sheriff officers would have served the poets to remove them from their positions. 

Agreed though, that the mood music appears to be financial mismanagement as well as mismanagement more broadly. Be interesting to hear from the Low et al’s defenders if that is the case. 

Javejag’s post

.’....    and asked if we should speak to Jacqui Low and Duncan Smillie (Rocks owner)... was told she was only in currently because of the Weirs relationship which is thawing now and the books haven't been as clean as they should be... indeed Weirs were asking questions. Your new chairman has removed them. Forcefully. Will find out more but your takeover is advanced. 

Forcefully suggests to me that they didnt want to go but only Javejag’s mate can confirm that!

Edited by Sting777

38 minutes ago, VladimirMooc said:

He didn’t say they were “forcibly removed”. Sheriff officers would have served the poets to remove them from their positions. 

Agreed though, that the mood music appears to be financial mismanagement as well as mismanagement more broadly. Be interesting to hear from the Low et al’s defenders if that is the case. 

How very Thistle. 

15 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Javejag’s post

.’....    and asked if we should speak to Jacqui Low and Duncan Smillie (Rocks owner)... was told she was only in currently because of the Weirs relationship which is thawing now and the books haven't been as clean as they should be... indeed Weirs were asking questions. Your new chairman has removed them. Forcefully. Will find out more but your takeover is advanced. 

Forcefully suggests to me that they didnt want to go but only Javejag’s mate can confirm that!

That doesn’t suggest they were “forcibly removed” by sheriff officers, which suggests a physical removal. But we are splitting hairs here. Main thing is they’ve been got rid of. 

If we're generous, the motivation of the old-new board may be bringing about or protecting from a takeover, dependent on the predicted benefit or disadvantage.

There seems to be little incentive for a takeover, but the tie-up with Kingsford Capital - a kenspeckle outfit if there ever were one - was also a mystery. Could there be a connection, or is it just simply that loss-makers such as football clubs are very valuable, er, "assets" in the opaque world of investment?

3 hours ago, cilitbang said:

I’ll be in the minority but I’ll be sad if/when Britton goes. More due to the amount of crap he’s been through with us and still stick around to try and help. He wouldn’t be here if he didn’t care as I highly doubt he’s on a big salary.

To me, the main issue with Britton is that he’s being put in roles that have nothing to do with his skillset.. When he was in charge of the youth, you got articles of the kids going away to some tournament and it came across they were doing well. So maybe that would be a better area to have him? 🤷‍♂️

Was he "put" in the role of CEO or Club Secretary? Or did he apply for an accept the role?

4 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Was he "put" in the role of CEO or Club Secretary? Or did he apply for an accept the role?

Appointed by David Beattie after a "rigorous" recruitment process.

Dead memes aside I was quite pleased to read in the match preview that Palmer is a bit different to what we have in midfield in that he's a tackler, he might be rubbish of course but it does mean we have at least finally tried to address the problem we've had there since Osman's performances fell off a cliff in 2017.

46 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Appointed by David Beattie after a "rigorous" recruitment process.

So he applied for and accepted the role. Quite different from being put in it.

Edited by dave.j

GC saying in the Jagzone preview video that we’re in talks with 3 players currently. ‘Gerry is still working hard taking talking to players and agents’. I thought he was away or if there a new Gerry somewhere?

No word yet on the CEO or manager so I feel the board need to get behind them as the league cup starts tomorrow and we're still short on numbers.

Whether you like Caldwell or not I feel he deserves to take us into the new season. Another management change at this time would be detrimental at this stage of the season.

I guess the same could be said about Britton as he deals with the signings behind the scenes and they did okay in January. 

A new scouting regime in place but not much over the line from them yet.

It's all gone a bit Brexity with everything good about the newish board appointments and everything bad with the old regime. 

Both could be critised over their last season in charge.

Be interesting to see how the players perform tomorrow.

Interesting times...

Edited by jagfox99

33 minutes ago, costa said:

GC saying in the Jagzone preview video that we’re in talks with 3 players currently. ‘Gerry is still working hard taking talking to players and agents’. I thought he was away or if there a new Gerry somewhere?

Are some of these interviews recorded a few days before the game sometimes? 

So perhaps it was recorded on Wednesday evening and Gerry left on the Thursday (not saying that’s the case just a possibility)

100% the best Thistle goal I've ever seen.

We've got about 15 hours before any kind of optimism gets burst so let's throw this open, best Thistle goals ever, ignoring the context as any goal vs the OF will be worth more than 100 against Clyde if you applied any kind of importance criteria.

1. Britton vs Dundee 

2. SOD vs Dunfermline

3. Stevie PIttman vs Dundee Utd, we lost 3-1 so it doesn't stand out but I genuinely don't think I've seen a ball hit harder on a 30 yard volley, I was behind the goal at the city end and  he scored into the (now) John Lambie end and you could hear the sound of him hitting the ball from 90 yards away

Edited by Fuctifano