The Partick Thistle thread

13 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I can't believe the season is starting next week and we're not even half way through July.

Hopefully 1 or 2 in by Saturday. The scramble for loan players should start soon too.

This article focuses on goal scoring midfielders in the development lesgue from last season.Fitzpatrick is half way down but we have a current player above him.

Rangers seem to be sending a lot of their players down south on loan to create some transfer value. 

Might be a few at the top Premiership teams who could do a job. 

Euan Henderson at Hearts would be a good signing but I'm not sure if he's available?

I wouldnt read too much into those articles. They rate the "best young midfielders in the country", by ignoring the ones who've been loaned out.

Their goalkeeper list had Jack Hamilton as a better keeper than Joe Lewis FFS.

For those who have Jagzone and watched Caldwell's interview - did he say anything about Gordon's injury?

He took a knock on his ankle...was taken off as a precaution..Hopes it’s not serious and will monitor it over next couple days

I can't believe the season is starting next week and we're not even half way through July.
Hopefully 1 or 2 in by Saturday. The scramble for loan players should start soon too.
This article focuses on goal scoring midfielders in the development lesgue from last season.Fitzpatrick is half way down but we have a current player above him.
Rangers seem to be sending a lot of their players down south on loan to create some transfer value. 
Euan Henderson at Hearts would be a good signing but I'm not sure if he's available?
I really don't Euan Henderson would be a good signing for Partick Thistle tbh.

4 minutes ago, Aidan said:
21 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I really don't Euan Henderson would be a good signing for Partick Thistle tbh.

Not up to much m9?

Apparently played as a trialist for us against Motherwell.
Then I'd have to agree with the previous comment about taking on another injury prone midfielder. I thought he'd signed for Cove.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fyvie was on trial with us the other week. We decided to pass on him once we'd got McPake's first choice midfielder of Jamie Ness in.

Tbh, only difference between those two injury prone midfielders is that Fyvie is ginger. 

Did Fyvie not play with Caldwell at Wigan. Quite likely GC is just offering training to a mate to keep him fit over the summer and boost numbers for training, etc. 
I think your right both were at wigan at the same time whether he is just training or not I'm not sure but GC seems to be signing guys that he trusts and if thats the case if Fyvie stays fit he would be decent for us but as i say "IF" he stays fit

Is it just me that is quite concerned about the squad? Obviously there are additions inbound, however...

Outside of the goalkeepers, I think we are crap to bang average across the board.

Edited by cilitbang

Is it just me that is quite concerned about the squad? Obviously there are additions inbound, however...
Outside of the goalkeepers, I think we are crap to bang average across the board.
Cant help but wonder if the lack of activity is down to this takeover either delaying decisions or putting folks off signing if the board and manager could be binned

14 minutes ago, jaggymct said:
45 minutes ago, cilitbang said:

Cant help but wonder if the lack of activity is down to this takeover either delaying decisions or putting folks off signing if the board and manager could be binned

Or the fact that the potential increase in budget from the Lindsay and Fitzy transfers has meant that he has amended some of his targets to better (more costly) as a result of this additional cash and therefore taking a bit longer to get them in !