The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Still need 6 in my opinion, should Fitzpatrick leave.

GK: Fox, Sneddon.

Full-backs: Williamson, Penrice, Robson.

Centre-backs: O'Ware, McGinty, Saunders. Need 1 more.

Central midfielders: Bannigan, Slater, Gordon, Harkins, Wilson. Need 1 more.

Wingers/Attacking midfielders: Cardle. Need 3 more.

Strikers: Miller, Mansell. Need 1 more.

I would say 2 more strikers needed

7 hours ago, costa said:

Have we got any other pre season games lined up? Was there meant to be a closed door game vs Falkirk sometime?

There's a free weekend on the Saturday before the season starts as that's our bye week in the league cup group - there might be one then. I was originally hoping for a piss up friendly in England but then realised I'm on holiday so I hope we arrange to play Dumbarton away. 

Assume any other games prior to Airdrie a week on Saturday will be closed door. 

4 hours ago, professor challenger said:

McMaster passed his on to his children so it's reasonable to assume that that's where a fair proportion

of the 55% shareholding comes from.

As said, shares provided solely to ensure safe stewardship of the club for future generations suddenly became 

payment in kind for work done during 'Save the Jags'.        

You'd assume those with shares in Firhill Developments Limited and shares in PTFC would be involved too? Otherwise the Propco could prove to be a sticking point in negotiations? 🤔

8 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

On the assumption that anything the DM prints is true, interesting that they’re buying a 55% stake. Wonder who is selling - assume AC, TH, BMM - and it sticks in the craw a bit that people who were gifted shares to safeguard the future of the club are now selling up without bothering to consult, or even inform, the fans.

I guess the appeal of fan involvement in the running of Thistle was gone about seven or eight years after Save The Jags. It went from an open door to ill concealed hostility - for whatever reason. With that, it became a regular old business where the fans/customers were consulted at point of sale.

28 minutes ago, Dr Koop said:

I guess the appeal of fan involvement in the running of Thistle was gone about seven or eight years after Save The Jags. It went from an open door to ill concealed hostility - for whatever reason. With that, it became a regular old business where the fans/customers were consulted at point of sale.

Nothing I'll conceived about the hostilty.

Touche, Prof. The shouting match in the Thistle fans forum has raised an interesting point about the shareholding the Jags Trust has.

I was under the impression the Jags Trust cannot sell its shareholding or cannot sell without board approval. Does anyone know if this is the case? Are all share transfers or share sales subject to boardroom approval?

5 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

I am absolutely fuming at the Arbroath one. 

Same. As well as obviously looking forward to the day out on the Saturday, that kickoff time means I’ll need to take a half day. 

3 hours ago, Dr Koop said:

Touche, Prof. The shouting match in the Thistle fans forum has raised an interesting point about the shareholding the Jags Trust has.

I was under the impression the Jags Trust cannot sell its shareholding or cannot sell without board approval. Does anyone know if this is the case? Are all share transfers or share sales subject to boardroom approval?

I'm fairly certain that this was the arrangement agreed when the shares were being allocated.

This morning convinced my pal to fly up from Coventry for his first game of the season, a drunken away day to Arbroath. Booked his flights then this news comes hours later. Seething is an understatement.

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Dundee Utd home, Morton away and arbroath away all moved to the Friday for TV. 

I am absolutely fuming at the Arbroath one. 

I booked hospitality for the Dundee Yinited game...🤢...FML!

2 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

This morning convinced my pal to fly up from Coventry for his first game of the season, a drunken away day to Arbroath. Booked his flights then this news comes hours later. Seething is an understatement.

I had two caravans booked.   Nine of us were going to make a weekend of it.    Couldn't book Corporate (best I've ever done) but there's a McDonald's next to the Caravan Park