The Partick Thistle thread

On 26/06/2019 at 16:01, Shandon Par said:

There have been a few half-arsed attempts at a P&B glossary over the years. "Thank you" would be in there. There once was a visitor to P&B called Sebu. He was clearly foreign (his English was better than that of most of the natives) and he was after scarves. Turned out Sebu was a truck driving, hard drinking Corsican possible serial killer (with the inference being he would tie up roadside hookers with the scarves) so obviously got on like a house on fire with most posters. He signed off many posts with "thank you", to the mild amusement of many and formed a special affinity with The Dees. Hence you will see many Dundee posters signing off with "Thank you". 

This is pretty much spot on, Sebu became a legend when he posted the pics of himself and the Dundee scarf at his sides home game, can't remember the team, also the scarfs weren't for 'tying up' they were for 'strangling.' 😃

Think Miller will be a good signing for you guys, will bang in a few in that league, no probs.

I give it six mounths before Miller orchestrates some Game of Thrones esque coup and fucks over Caldwell so he can take the helm. Can't be anything other than a snake with eyes like that.

7 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

I give it six mounths before Miller orchestrates some Game of Thrones esque coup and fucks over Caldwell so he can take the helm. Can't be anything other than a snake with eyes like that.

I'd be interested to know the average length of time a manager has been in place, at a club Miller's been at, over the past five years.

McIntyre, McCann, Murty, Caixhina, Warburton, McCall and McCoist all managed him since he rejoined Rangers in 2014, Murty in there once but hes been Rangers manager at least twice.

If you, bizarrely, include himself, then Caldwell is his tenth manager in five years.

Edited by RandomGuy.

20 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Worryingly, this could happen as well. He's got an ego the size of the moon. Imo.

6 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Gary Caldwell's biggest problem is he's more interested in the technological advances and applying this to his managerial approach. Has severely clouded his judgment when it comes to the basics of the game. 

I'd say his biggest problem is that he seems to be a complete fanny. 

On 13/05/2019 at 13:54, Virtual Insanity said:

Given that Doolan only got 20 starts last season and still scored 7 goals (it would be madness to ignore the one against Morton) his lack of form is being massively exaggerated. Add to that that most of those starts were in a dreadful side in the first half of the season and it clearly demonstrates he still has ability at this level. Caldwell is obviously entitled to make any decision he wishes but even putting sentimentality aside  completely, binning Doolan doesn't look like a smart move.

Also, nobody is too upset about the Elliott departure as he was offered a seven figure contract and not unceremoniously dumped. 

Usual shite.

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Usual shite.

2 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

What a fucking club ❤💛🤷‍♂️

It's great, with redundancies recently getting flung about, that we've got the cash to send the guy who updates twitter, abroad to our training camp. I suppose it's about priorities, in these tough times. 

7 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

What a fucking club ❤💛🤷‍♂️

Great news until its revealed it was a friendly between your first team and reserves, IMO.

It's great, with redundancies recently getting flung about, that we've got the cash to send the guy who updates twitter, abroad to our training camp. I suppose it's about priorities, in these tough times. 

He's a full-time employee whose remit covers a bit more than posting the odd Twitter update.

Just now, Nizzy said:
8 minutes ago, dave.j said:

He's a full-time employee who's remit covers a bit more than posting the odd Twitter update.

Like what?

19 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
35 minutes ago, dave.j said:

Careful, Jagfox will pathetically red dot you.

Not pathetic m8. I just red dot pathetic posts. You should maybe try wearethistle.com 🤔

Edited by jagfox99

33 minutes ago, dave.j said:

The only redundancy I know of was Ross Quayle and he ended up with a nice job with JEL more or less straight away.

Relegation brings redundancies 99/100. Last season was the exception as far as I can recall.

Graeme does analysis work for the team and various other duties. He gave KM a lift from La Manga airport for example.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Tbh I think he’s an incomplete fanny on account of lacking either warmth or depth.