The Partick Thistle thread

We were always bound to get him or Boyd.

Not too fussed about him being about 75 year old because he seems to still be very fit. More concerned about him constantly dropping deep thinking he’s Xabi Alonso and being a snake.

18 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I expect Dundee fans and RandomGuy will be along soon to tell us he’s old and shite, and drops deep.

Well, it's true. He had a massive chance for Dundee when he got around our keeper, and was stood six yards out, and it took him a solid minute to seem to realise the situation and get his feet in position, only to pass the ball across the goal to absolutely nobody.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well, it's true. He had a massive chance for Dundee when he got around our keeper, and was stood six yards out, and it took him a solid minute to seem to realise the situation and get his feet in position, only to pass the ball across the goal to absolutely nobody.

Apparently aye?

1 hour ago, Vinnyjag said:

Partick Thistle are looking to sign strikers Kenny Miller and Isma Goncalves, with both players available on a free transfer.

from Agent Scotland on twitter not sure how reliable that is, obviously we know about KM , but first I have heard of Goncalves coming, was he not decent in a spell with St Mirren 

Isma ! That's a cracker.😂

On 24/06/2019 at 16:28, Pie Of The Month said:

There's no way of knowing if he's coming to us for less or not. He lives out this way so there's nothing to say he wouldn't accept less wages to avoid the commute to Dundee every day and there's nothing to say there wasn't a financial agreement which was part of him leaving Dundee which meant he would be willing to take lower wages at another club in order to continue playing.

For all the criticisms of Caldwell I refuse to believe he's willing to risk what I'm sure most would agree is his last chance in full time management just to give his mate a contract, especially when Miller is coming from another club at this level anyway. Him being 39 doesn't really bother me either as I'd wager a 39 year old Miller is much fitter than either Boyd or McDonald.

Still think he wont be on wages comparable with his Dundee wages? Welcome player/coach Kenny Miller!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4410727/kenny-miller-partick-thistle-deal-dundee-exit/

54 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Still think he wont be on wages comparable with his Dundee wages? Welcome player/coach Kenny Miller!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4410727/kenny-miller-partick-thistle-deal-dundee-exit/

This is an odd argument. You made the claim he'd be on high wages, I simply reply saying you can't possibly know that then you reply a few days later with a link which says zero about his wages as if it's proof you were right?

We both have no idea how much he will be earning, the onus isn't on me to disprove that he earns now what he'd be earning at Dundee.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

Dees fans reckon he was in around £1,500 a week with them. He’s a millionaire but Kenny likes fitbaw so I reckon he’ll have taken a wage cut to join us. 

SOD attracting interest from down South 

Kilmarnock full-back Stephen O'Donnell is a target for four English sides - Middlesbrough, Derby, Stoke and Sheffield United - as he enters the final year of his contract.

50 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

This is an odd argument. You made the claim he'd be on high wages, I simply reply saying you can't possibly know that then you reply a few days later with a link which says zero about his wages as if it's proof you were right?

We both have no idea how much he will be earning, the onus isn't on me to disprove that he earns now what he'd be earning at Dundee.

I would like to introduce Hitchen's Razor, the philosophical principle that states "Anything what can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."

38 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Miller is still very fit and playing in the right team still an asset.

Our team was utter shite last season so judging him on his capabilities on his  time at Dens is unfair 

Thank you.