The Partick Thistle thread

1 hour ago, dave.j said:

No I dont expect that. I'm aware we are a yo yo club and fully accept that. Hence why I wasnt clamouring for Archie to be sacked, to begin with.

What I do want is to be entertained. To watch enjoyable football. 

Fair enough. 

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm more concerned that our CEO or whoever filed it on his behalf can't get his fucking name the right way round. 

In Chinese the family name comes first so I assume Gerry is getting into the swing of things!

imgur_reaction.gif.113022b9d95e1335f5234a36eb2f635f.gif

Saturday 22nd June, 2019 at 9:55am

Gary Caldwell and the Partick Thistle first team head out to La Manga for a six day intensive pre-season training camp this coming Monday. Staying at the prestigious La Manga Club, the team will have full access to top class facilities including, FIFA standard training pitches, a fully equipped gym, swimming pools and the facility’s state of the art high performance centre.

The players will be put through their paces with intense double sessions to ensure they are in peak physical and psychological condition for the challenging season to come.

Speaking ahead of the trip, Gary Caldwell said:

“It will be a very focused trip with plenty of hard work being done as we try to get into the right shape physically ahead of the season starting. We’ll try to introduce more game-like scenarios and ramp up the intensity a bit to help us get there.

“I believe the trip will be extremely important to our pre-season preparations. Beyond the training aspect of it, getting away will hopefully bring the team closer together and help us build the right atmosphere in the dressing room before the football starts up for the season on July 13th.

“Changing the environment can also be key, pre-season can be a long process which might become quite monotonous and players can tire themselves out mentally before they even get to competitive games. Getting away from your usual surroundings gives you something a bit different and can re-energise you. It breaks up the pre-season a bit too so we aren’t just out training on the same pitch for two months straight.”

Gotta love the warm weather training 👏

On 19/06/2019 at 14:31, PerthTA said:

Believe Zac Rudden to be winging his way to firhill as we speak. Years loan to be confirmed by tomorrow evening at the latest. Also believe Simon Murray and Jason Jarvis to be the players that Caldwell said that we were in talks with in his preseason interview on Monday.

Think you are making this up as you go along. Twice you have predicted Rudden signing on within 24 hours plus Simon Murray away back to South Africa with, so I believe, a year still on his contract!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/4397898/zak-rudden-steven-gerrard-lead-the-line-rangers/

Edited by Sting777

It doesn’t look like Rudden has traveled to Portugal with the Rangers squad, a few young players mentioned but he wasn’t one of them.

Could be reading it wrong but I would have thought if he was in Gerard’s plans he would have gone to their pre-season training camp. 

55 minutes ago, Vinnyjag said:

It doesn’t look like Rudden has traveled to Portugal with the Rangers squad, a few young players mentioned but he wasn’t one of them.

Could be reading it wrong but I would have thought if he was in Gerard’s plans he would have gone to their pre-season training camp. 

Isn't he injured?